www.myspace.com
I don't think this have been covered so I just have to share a thing I've
been thinking about lately:

Have you ppl also noticed how beautiful the feedback tone(s) are on
Master's Apprentices from 5:28 and forward? At first there's a few tones
and then Mike let it feedback!

F**king great! Influence: Hendrix :) But ofcuze Opeth does it better and
longer! They can make it a thing, you know, that single feedback... It's not
really another effect, no, they actually make it moving - a part of the whole.
And only Opeth can make it intresting for 32 seconds!! :)

What do you guys think?

It's very hard to control feedback like that, so to me it almost sounds like they punched in another lead line. But if it really is feedback, then props to them.. it came out really well. I've always liked that part.

Benighted Joe said:
I don't think this have been covered so I just have to share a thing I've
been thinking about lately:

Have you ppl also noticed how beautiful the feedback tone(s) are on
Master's Apprentices from 5:28 and forward? At first there's a few tones
and then Mike let it feedback!

F**king great! Influence: Hendrix :) But ofcuze Opeth does it better and
longer! They can make it a thing, you know, that single feedback... It's not
really another effect, no, they actually make it moving - a part of the whole.
And only Opeth can make it intresting for 32 seconds!! :)

What do you guys think?

It was not from ebow, I can hear the picking sound, as if they used Boss GT-3 as guitar effects processor during recording. use the the built in slow gear + delay can have the similar sound.
and PRS also Gibson Les Paul easier to make such melodic feedbacks.

Bereavement said:
It was not from ebow, I can hear the picking sound, as if they used Boss GT-3 as guitar effects processor during recording. use the the built in slow gear + delay can have the similar sound.
and PRS also Gibson Les Paul easier to make such melodic feedbacks.

Yeah I thought I heard some delay aswell, thanks man :)

It's not really a feedback tone it's more a special kind of flageoletts. But it's not that hard to play, you just have to touch the string you played between the pick-up and the end of the neck and you'll get this "magic" tone very easily. Just experiment around. You should also try other frets but they differ depending on which fret your playing, you just have to touch the middle of the string measured from the fret.
(But the one between the pick-up an the end of the neck really sounds like some kind of feedback)

Well ok I just tried it again........the feedback flageoletts just is at the end of the neck when you play the empty string........when you play a fret it is somewhere over the pick-ups. It should be in the last fourth of the string......just try around and a get a feeling for the note then you will always find it.......to get a clearer flageolett tone you can also touch the string with your right while picking the string.....but this will need some practise to do