Symphony of Destruction and MA similarity

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
Not to call Opeth riff-stealer or something but have anybody recognized that the MA intro riff chords are the same ones at Symphony of Destruction chords? It sounded cool while playing both :D This explains why I love MA, because I also liked SoD.

Chord progession cycle is not similar though. Symphony is F-E-E and MA is F-E

Edit: Sorry for the inconvenience caused by me with forgetting to write what MA stands for. It is Master's Apprentices

So Opeth used two chords that megadeth also use? OMG STEALING! (I pondered going with the subtle approach but meh)

If you have anything interesting to add, post please. If not, then do not and let this thread that contains excessive stupidity to you be lost since noone will post.

No offence please, but the first note is also similar to Norther's Death Unlimited.
Edit: the first 2 notes actually.

(MA is for "Master's apprentices" right?)

You know it could have been kinda useful if you werent lazy enough to write what MA stands for... I don't think all of us here are crazy enough to spot a song just by seeing the first letters. If it's Masters Apprentices, then it's obvious Mike was influenced by Morbid Angel. ZOMG, Morbid Angel ripped off Megadeth then?! Wait, MA also stands for Morbid Angel... that must be a sign!!11! ...mysterious things going on.

That was one random paragraph.

Argh, I meant that the first second of the songs are almost perfectly identical.

Btw. I don't see a similarity between MA and SoD.

Hahahahah. Its hard to make a constructive post. But both riffs are very much based on their rhythms, which are completely different, plus the riff in MA continues on with more notes.

Yea noting that another band did in fact once use an E after an F is pretty pointless. You could make infinite threads if that's enough to make a comparison.

Yea noting that another band did in fact once use an E after an F is pretty pointless. You could make infinite threads if that's enough to make a comparison.

I think you could make that case with any and every metal band. It is a very common chord progression, even amongst bigger chord progressions.