BEAUTIFUL SIN - THE UNEXPECTED

Check out Sass Jordan's first two releases. She's been around the music scene since the early 90's, but I think you'll dig her. :headbang:

Checked her out and although she has an amazing voice she's not my thing. Maybe if she was singing for a metal band I'd like her more, but bluegrass and country really ain't my style.

Check out this new band from Sweden called TRIOSPHERE, this lady will knock your socks off.
Damn you were right! This group is amazing. Right up my alley - a heavy kick ass metal band with an somewhat raspy (almost Dio-style) female vocalist. I can't wait to get my hands on their album.

If you like that female vocal style check out Chastain or any of his related projects...

Another band that has a similar vocalist is Sinergy.

Still need to check out Chastain (having a little trouble finding a sample on line), and Sinergy is good, but they haven't wow'd me yet. Any suggested starting points for that one?

Thank you all for your great tips and suggestion. I can feel my CD collection getting bigger and my wallet getting lighter already. :headbang: :D

Beautiful Sin - The Unexpected was my favorite cd from 2006, I'm even listening to it right now! I bought it at PPVII because a friend recommended it knowing how much I like female-fronted metal bands. It was in my bag when I went throught Jorn's line but didn't realize until later that Jorn Viggo and Steinar played on it! Oh well, they can sign it this year.

I totally agree. I actually prefer female vocalist with that rougher, more unique sound to their voices.
Anyone know of any more female lead bands that fit this catagory?

See if you can find any Baby Animals.....Suze DeMarchi had a great voice....more rock than metal but they were good.

Still need to check out Chastain (having a little trouble finding a sample on line), and Sinergy is good, but they haven't wow'd me yet. Any suggested starting points for that one?

Chastain is gonna be really tough to find online..might be better to find 'em on an MP3 server or something to that effect. As for Sinergy, my favorite album is To Hell and Back, but some good songs in general to check out from all three albums: Midnight Madness, Gallowmere, The Warrior Princess, Venomous Vixens, The Fourth World, Violated, and Passage to the Fourth World

Sass Jordan bluegrass and country???I've been a Sass fan since the late 80's and I have never heard anything country or bluegrass about her...none of the releases sound even remotely that bad.
As for Chastain,look for anything with Leather Leone singing,Kate French is just generic

Checked her out and although she has an amazing voice she's not my thing. Maybe if she was singing for a metal band I'd like her more, but bluegrass and country really ain't my style.

If you listened to her first two albums, then you didn't get a dose of bluegrass or country dude! :lol: If anything it's female lead, southern rock.

Everything doesn't have to be "metal" to be good. :rolleyes:

If you listened to her first two albums, then you didn't get a dose of bluegrass or country dude! :lol: If anything it's female lead, southern rock.

Everything doesn't have to be "metal" to be good. :rolleyes:

Regarding Sass - I was only looking on Myspace at the time, so maybe I found the wrong artist, but there was a female singer on there listed as "Sass Jordan" and she was listed under bluegrass and country and although you might argue and call it "southern rock," that was the style I heard. I never said it sounded "bad" as TwizstedJesus and you stated. Her voice was very beutiful, but the music was very mellow and not exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for something to kick my ass with a heavy beat and some guitar solos, but I didn't hear anything like that. If anyone has a link to something else that I could hear by her, I'd be happy to give it a listen.

I also don't recall saying that music has to be metal to be good, only that I personally prefer female-fronted metal bands with that rougher (different) vocal style. I was enquiring about metal bands with that particular style of vocals, not just any female-fronted band with rough vocals. I like a lot of different kinds of metal, as well as classic rock, alternative, some classical, jazz, big band, blues, and a variety of other genres, but my true love is metal and that what I was looking for when I posed the question to this thread.

Also, :err:
Sass Jordan bluegrass and country???I've been a Sass fan since the late 80's and I have never heard anything country or bluegrass about her...none of the releases sound even remotely that bad.
Yeah really.....

Maybe I'm taking the statement "Everything doesn't have to be "metal" to be good. :rolleyes:" the wrong way, but I feel like I'm being accused of being closed-mind by just saying that a certain recommended artist wasn't what I was looking for or expecting. Ironically, you guys are the ones who have implied that "country or bluegrass [are] that bad."

Once again, I appriciate all of the suggested bands that people have provided me with on this forum (regardless of whether or not they met my personal tastes) and I hope if you have further suggestions you will continue to share them with me. But please don't be upset with me or think of me as closed-minded just because I say the particular band that you suggested did not match my musical tastes or preferences. Thanks again. :headbang:

Though somewhat in between the "typical" female metal singer and the much lower range such as the ones mentioned here, you might want to check out Silentium (their website domain spelling is silentivm) if you haven't. She has fairly wide vocal range. There's also a male vocalist that growls occasionally but usually just sings very "gruff." Sufferion - Hamartia Of Prudence & Seducia are both very good albums. Seducia is their most recent album and a bit more commercial metal than previous but with some gothic understones still there while Sufferion is more along the lines of gothic doom.
I'm not sure what songs are on their myspace but I highly recommend The Fall, Dark Whispers, Wither In Silence, Hangman's Lullaby, Dead Silent, & Unbroken.
www.myspace.com/silentiumband

Trust me BlackRose, if you like classic rock at all, then check out Sass's debut and sophomore efforts. The music is basically hard, southern rock. She has a killer rock voice too. One of the contestants from this past year's Rock Star show tried to cover one of her songs, but did an ok job.

I didn't want to start a new thread concerning yet another female-fronted band, so I thought it would fit nicely here. :)

I've recently discovered a band from the South Florida area called Alexandria. And I really, really like what I've heard so far. I think most fans of Nightwish, Within Temptation, and EPICA might enjoy what they hear. I know I do...

from their myspace site:

Since their debut in early 2006, Coral Springs' newest metal sensation, ALEXANDRIA, has received a horde of local acclaim, revealing a growing demand for their presence in the South Florida area, and giving rise to an explosion of global recognition on their behalf. The fresh and otherwise unfazed female-fronted quintet is a distinct mix of widespread musical influence and radical ideology, altogether widely praised for their select fusion of captivating melodies, heavy, head-on harmonic assaults, and evoking operatic vocals.

What's more, a female holding the reins has the band transgressing all conventional notions of metal, heightening their music with a moving, deeply poignant sound and bringing increased sensuality to the songs, matched by no substitute. The result is a uniquely powerful, unforgettable blend of rich, original, heavy head-banging metal.