Becoming by Pantera/Nothing is Not- Morbid Angel harmonic sound?

Silver Incubus

Dead Hands Justin
May 20, 2002
(Near) London, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
In the first riff of Becoming by Pantera and Nothing Is not by Morbid Angel both have a sound, sounds like a fucked up harmonic. Is it a fast harmonic dive? that is a rake as well? or is it an effects pedal. If its a guitar technique, i certainly would llike to know how to do it.

Silver Incubus said:
In the first riff of Becoming by Pantera and Nothing Is not by Morbid Angel both have a sound, sounds like a fucked up harmonic. Is it a fast harmonic dive? that is a rake as well? or is it an effects pedal. If its a guitar technique, i certainly would llike to know how to do it.
It sounds like a natural harmonic on the unwounded strings to me

Silver Incubus said:

It looked like dime was doing a natural harmonic when I saw damageplan and they played that

I'm pretty sure it's natural Harmonics with a Digitech Whammy on Becoming. I don't know about Morbid Angel, I haven't heard it.