korn & morbid angel

HeavyMetal86

New Metal Member
Nov 25, 2003
i never heard morbid angel but everyone is saying that korns song ball tongue was a ripoff of angel of disease or something like that by morbid angel. ugh i dont believe it but i dont know how argue against everyone
and its bothering me cuz i want to defend korn but i cant!!! but ya if anyone can help me out id appreciate it. download both songs then tell me what you think thanks!!!

I don't like either band, so I could care less who ripped off who.

Much like most could care less about the comment I just made.

HeavyMetal86 said:
i never heard morbid angel but everyone is saying that korns song ball tongue was a ripoff of angel of disease or something like that by morbid angel. ugh i dont believe it but i dont know how argue against everyone
and its bothering me cuz i want to defend korn but i cant!!! but ya if anyone can help me out id appreciate it. download both songs then tell me what you think thanks!!!
Whoever told you that might want to lay off the crackpipe...I ( being in the minority here!) am a fan of both bands and there is nothing even remotely similar between ANY Korn or Morbid Angel song. Since we're on the topic of those two though I have issues (no pun itended) with both of them right now. Morbid Angel should get David Vincent back and go back to making quality albums again. I haven't been too big of a fan of anything they've put out since Domination...Korn should try and go back to the sound they had on the first album. I consider that album to be pretty goddamn good, and it wasn't their fault that a million bands decided to copy them after that. Their last album did nothing for me though, and I haven't heard anything off of the new one. If it sounds anything like the last one I guess I can write them off for good as far as putting anything good out ever again...

I don't think you're going to find much help here to support KORN against MORBID ANGEL. Sorry!

I think I can work out whose side most people will be on, and it's not Korn's!

umm i just download the crappy gay morbid angel song and the korn song does sound just like that part of it so help me pleaze!!! if you lissen to the main riff of ball tongue and the part of angel of disease where it says angel of disease/one who shuns the light and sumthin bout a goat it xactly sound the same! should i just saythat korn morbid angel ripped korn off?!! HELP!!

you know, korn only has a handful of songs that i can, at best, mildly agree with. While morbid angel, has a cornucopia of metallica milestones that i listen to constantly.

Well, seeing as "Angel Of Disease" was written well before Korn was even thought of (the song first appeared in the 1986 demo 'Abominations of Desolation'), I'd say it was Korn who ripped Morbid Angel off. Even when it was released for 'Covenant' it STILL came out before Korn's 1994 self-titled debut.

....SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, BUB

HeavyMetal86 said:
umm i just download the crappy gay morbid angel song and the korn song does sound just like that part of it so help me pleaze!!! if you lissen to the main riff of ball tongue and the part of angel of disease where it says angel of disease/one who shuns the light and sumthin bout a goat it xactly sound the same! should i just saythat korn morbid angel ripped korn off?!! HELP!!
Whoa! So you're saying that you think Morbid Angel sucks, but you like Korn? Lol!

Why would Morbid Angel rip off Korn of all things? It seems its the othe way around... Besides, I think you've come to the wong place if you want people to defend KoRn, since everyone hates them around here. [Their first 2 albums are alright, though]