BEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

Aug 14, 2008
Fact: EVERYONE is snobby about at least SOMETHING in their lives, music, movies, sports, whatever. While I'm no music snob, I'm definitely a beer snob. Don't get me wrong though, if all you've got is errrclear and the goal of this party is to get effed up, I'm game. But I almost never touch Bud, Miller, Coors, or any Ice beers. The lowest I have ever gone in years was probably Heineken and even then I am not a fan in the slightest.

SO FELLOW BEERLITISTS, PICK YOUR POISON! Last year I was obsessed with IPAs that nuked your tastebuds. Now I'm into more subtle stuff, alot of Belgian wheat beers, brown ales, and German hefes. Some of the maltier or yeastier ales are nice too. For sesh beers, my go to is Innis & Gunn's original whiskey-cask-brewed ale.

Fullers ESB...all-time fave. I could drink my weight in that beer...and I have tried on several occasions.

Since recently moving to the KC area, I have become quite fond of the local favorites from Boulevard, especially their Unfiltered Wheat and Amber Ale.

Other domestic favorites would be Point Amber, Sam Adams Light. There was one from Sprecher but I forget which...

I'm a big fan of Unibroue from Canada.

Weiss biers will always make my list, especially King Ludwig and Hacker-Pschorr

Yeaaah! Unibroue holds it down for sure! Hacker-Pschorr's Weiss is good, but I prefer Paulaner's. You try that one?

My day-to-day poison is Boddingtons. However, I've just discovered a beer called Vinyl that was superb. Only the price tag stops me from drinking it all the time.
I used to be a huge stout fan, but has slowed down a bit on that now.

If ever in Tampa Bay, a local beer that is very good is anything from The Dunedin Brewery. The place is 2 miles from me. Excellent stuff.

While I'm no music snob

APRIL FOOLS!

But seriously...

I'm not a fan of beer, over all. I'll occasionally drink a Fat Tire or Dead Guy Ale, and I have some friends that are beer snobs who can entice me to drink their stuff (one friend turned me on to Raisin D'etre, which was really tasty) but overall, I prefer mead, if I'm going to be drinking. And if I can't get Mead (which I can't if I'm at a bar) I'll drink wine or some sort of mixed drink.

My day-to-day poison is Boddingtons.

I really like Boddingtons. Recently I've taken a liking strongly to Arrogant Bastard's Oak Casket. Also discovered Shocktop, which is probably swill to most of you but I find it refreshing, along with Yuingling's Summer Wheat on a hot day. I'm also a fan of Firerock IPA.

Hahaha really? I'll never get what makes you think otherwise, regardless of you being tongue in cheek. Hell I put a screamo band up in the non-metal thread. :p

Dude, you completely mock any band that ISN'T one of the ones you listen to. You cite various artists in different genres consistently, which makes it look as if you want people will think you're a well-rounded music fan. When really, no one gives a shit what other music you listen to until you start ripping into bands that other people like but aren't up to whatever standards you've set. It doesn't matter whether or not you like emo, screamo, metal, country, pop, etc..., you're an insufferable popinjay when it comes to music. THAT is what makes you a music snob.

Though to be fair, you've reined it in over time. Which is a point in your favor. You're a bastard, but you're becoming a likable bastard. If you show up at ProgPower, I'll buy you a beer. Though I can't promise it'll be anything good. It'll be whatever they serve at the drink bars at Center Stage. As I earlier stated, I don't really drink all that much, and when I do, it's rarely beer. So I have no idea what Center Stage serves. So if you're not too picky when the drink is free, you can have a Bud, on me. Or whatever it is they serve.

Hey, beer drinkers at ProgPower! What DOES Center Stage have?

Dude, you completely mock any band that ISN'T one of the ones you listen to. You cite various artists in different genres consistently, which makes it look as if you want people will think you're a well-rounded music fan. When really, no one gives a shit what other music you listen to until you start ripping into bands that other people like but aren't up to whatever standards you've set. It doesn't matter whether or not you like emo, screamo, metal, country, pop, etc..., you're an insufferable popinjay when it comes to music. THAT is what makes you a music snob.

Though to be fair, you've reined it in over time. Which is a point in your favor. You're a bastard, but you're becoming a likable bastard. If you show up at ProgPower, I'll buy you a beer. Though I can't promise it'll be anything good. It'll be whatever they serve at the drink bars at Center Stage. As I earlier stated, I don't really drink all that much, and when I do, it's rarely beer. So I have no idea what Center Stage serves. So if you're not too picky when the drink is free, you can have a Bud, on me. Or whatever it is they serve.

Hey, beer drinkers at ProgPower! What DOES Center Stage have?

Marry me. I am in wub.

edit: btwz I won't be at PP this year like I thought I was going to be. I'm super bummed actually because I want to see a bunch of those bands, so buy AngraRULES a beer instead!

Marry me. I am in wub.

You can be my internets husband. I don't think Al will get too upset about that. ...maybe. <.< >.>

OMG INTERNETS WUB.

Celebrate with a
new_holland_brewing_company_dragon%27s_milk_ale_aged_in_oak_barrels.jpg

O wait. That's not beer...:(

Edit: AngraRULES is a stinky-head. Who isn't man enough for fuckin' tea. HE GETS NOTHING!

You can be my internets husband. I don't think Al will get too upset about that. ...maybe. <.< >.>

OMG INTERNETS WUB.

Celebrate with a
new_holland_brewing_company_dragon%27s_milk_ale_aged_in_oak_barrels.jpg

O wait. That's not beer...:(

I have a friend who is obsessed with this beer actually. One of those things where I hope it lives up to the hype as I've never tried it.

Also I'm not sure who Al is (I'm still not an oldie on here) but I hope he doesn't beat me up!

I'm 90% IPA / Hop Head. I have tried over 200 microbrew IPA's. Current favorite is Flower Power IPA from Ithaca NY but I have many favorite IPA's.

I will drink Sam Adams, and even their Lattitude 48 IPA is good....but I'll drink the Lager, and Ale as well. I'll drink a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but other than that I need my hops.

If all that was available was the domestic shit like Bud, Coors, Miller, etc I'd drink water instead. Tastes the same and is less fattening.

I'm not a fan of beer, over all. I'll occasionally drink a Fat Tire or Dead Guy Ale, and I have some friends that are beer snobs who can entice me to drink their stuff (one friend turned me on to Raisin D'etre, which was really tasty) but overall, I prefer mead, if I'm going to be drinking. And if I can't get Mead (which I can't if I'm at a bar) I'll drink wine or some sort of mixed drink.

I'm pretty much the same way as I hate beer and dont' ever drink it. Plus, I don't really like wine either. Ha! Give me a Long Island and I'm happy. :D

Leinenkugel's is one of the few beer brands I like. I have some Berryweis in my fridge right now. Though it's disappearing slowly.

I found it about 10 years ago when I visited my uncle in Wisconsin. About 4 years ago my dad drove up there to help my uncle move and I had him bring me back a rather large supply. Literally the same week, they started selling it in Georgia, funny as hell.