BEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

I love beer possibly way more then anyone that has posted. If you are facebook friend of mine you know that I try to have at least one new beer a day. I am always on the the look out for the next cool thing. I am super into Stouts and Sours right now particularly bourbon barrel aged stouts and sours. Currently I drink a shitload of Schlafly Coffee Stout from Saint Louis 5.8% abv, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout 8.8% abv from cali, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast 10% abv, Great Divide Oak Aged Double IPA 10% abv, Goose Island Dominique bourbon barrel aged sour 8.5%, Bridgeport Kingpin Double Red 7.5% abv and New Belgium Le Terroir a super crisp sour 7.5%. Those are the ones that are on tap at Riot Room that I drink a lot of, but I have been exposed to Firestone Walker from Cali recently and they are a step up. Not only are their beers amazing but they are almost all barrel aged.

My friend and I are getting ready to start a video beer blog and we are gonna have a guy video tape that worked on the Pantera "3" video, how cool is that?

edit: also for the beer snobs I am currently aging Boulevard's Imperial Stout and am gonna bring some down to PP if I drive, it will be almost a 6 month age so get excited

I'm a huge American craft beer fan. Not a big fan of the pales and the IPAs -- I have to be in the mood for them. Likewise for the Russian imperial overhopped stouts. Rather, I'm a much bigger fan of moderately-hopped porters and stouts (including sweet ones), brown ales, Belgian abbey ales (the Trappists still do a better job with these than their American imitations), and I've been on a huge barley wine kick for the past several months. In the summer months, I enjoy a good farmhouse ale. Lagers are okay too, but please make it a nice bock or a doppelbock.

Favorite breweries are Bell's from Kalamazoo, MI (they specialize in stouts), O'Fallon from Missouri, and Tommyknocker from Colorado.

I don't consider myself a beer snob, though, but rather a beer nerd. The difference is that a snob basically shuns anything that isn't "the best". I can enjoy virtually any beverage which is, ostensibly, beer. This includes the occasional Bud Light, or whatever, if it's all that's available.

Beer snobs/nerds: have any of you PPUSA attendees been to Tap? It's a little tap house near Center Stage that has probably the nicest beer selection in Midtown, and an interesting food menu which is better than your average bar food. Some friends and I discovered it this past year, and now we're hooked. Sadly it's not open after the show gets out, but it's a nice place to duck out to for lunch or dinner.

I was pretty much off of beer for a couple of decades. Lost the taste for it, and never really wanted to get it back. My wife always hated beer.

Then I took a trip to London and Belgium, and there was no way I was going there without partaking. I dove right in. The wife started with ciders and worked her way up to beer.

Since coming back, we've both done Belgium beer classes and try a bunch of craft beers. I don't even know enough to be a snob, but I know I don't like the mass crap beer, but love a bunch of the microbrews. I guess I'm a beer-snob wannabe. My favorites are the Belgium style dubbels and trippels, but there are a bunch of great things out there.

Steve in Philly

Since coming back, we've both done Belgium beer classes and try a bunch of craft beers. I don't even know enough to be a snob, but I know I don't like the mass crap beer, but love a bunch of the microbrews. I guess I'm a beer-snob wannabe. My favorites are the Belgium style dubbels and trippels, but there are a bunch of great things out there.

Belgian beer rules. It is also expensive. (We have a Belgian resturant near where I live which serves mussels, waffles and Belgian beer. Good stuff, but expensive.)

Last year's ProgPower I tried Sweetwater's 420 and that's a pretty good beer. A little weird for me, since here in DC we have brewpubs called Sweetwater, which also makes some damn good beer.

I love beer possibly way more then anyone that has posted.

I think we all know that by now. ;) :lol:

I am not a beer snob by any means, but I do have some favorites. Love me a nice Newcastle Ale or a cold Ithaca Apricot Wheat every now and then. :)

I am the first to admit that I don't know much about microbreweries and craft beers...

I love beer possibly way more then anyone that has posted. If you are facebook friend of mine you know that I try to have at least one new beer a day. I am always on the the look out for the next cool thing. I am super into Stouts and Sours right now particularly bourbon barrel aged stouts and sours. Currently I drink a shitload of Schlafly Coffee Stout from Saint Louis 5.8% abv, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout 8.8% abv from cali, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast 10% abv, Great Divide Oak Aged Double IPA 10% abv, Goose Island Dominique bourbon barrel aged sour 8.5%, Bridgeport Kingpin Double Red 7.5% abv and New Belgium Le Terroir a super crisp sour 7.5%. Those are the ones that are on tap at Riot Room that I drink a lot of, but I have been exposed to Firestone Walker from Cali recently and they are a step up. Not only are their beers amazing but they are almost all barrel aged.

My friend and I are getting ready to start a video beer blog and we are gonna have a guy video tape that worked on the Pantera "3" video, how cool is that?

edit: also for the beer snobs I am currently aging Boulevard's Imperial Stout and am gonna bring some down to PP if I drive, it will be almost a 6 month age so get excited

You are just a lush.

I love beer, but it makes me feel full, so i can't drink it on a regular basis.

However, when Ren Faire season comes around, and I'm running around with my waist crushed by a 20" corset, I'm a'drinkin' beer all day.

The Pennsylvania Renn Faire has it's own brewery, you see. The Red Sea Amber is DEELIIISHUUUS.

If ever in Tampa Bay, a local beer that is very good is anything from The Dunedin Brewery. The place is 2 miles from me. Excellent stuff.

Been there. I love that place! I think I tried some kind of blueberry beer when I was down there last. 'Twas made with awesome!

I am by no means a beer snob and only drink socially anymore.
I'm a big Cider fan but it's hard to find a lot of places that carry it. Aside from the fruity beers, I'll drink almost anything Pale that you can see through. Once it starts to look like motor oil, I lose interest.

Some of my fav Chicago Breweries:

Two Brothers - Warrenville
RAM- Schaumburg, other locations.
Stone City - Romeoville (Just tried this place last weekend...was pretty good).
Limestone Brewery - Plainfield

Can you not get Woodchuck, where you are? I'm a big fan of the 'chuck.

Yeah, it's in all the liquor stores but it's hard to find in restaurants, bars, etc.

I also am a fan of Ace Pear Cider, Hornsby's Hard Cider, Scrumpy's Organic, Strongbow and Original Sin. I had a Cider around the Holiday's at a local brewery that was served warm.....tasted like apple pie. Mmmm....

Oh yeah! If you have a Whole Foods that sells beer, they also sell really good cider. My husband puts some in a crock pot with apple slices, cinnamon, and some orange zest. It's amazing!

Favorite breweries are Bell's from Kalamazoo, MI (they specialize in stouts), O'Fallon from Missouri, and Tommyknocker from Colorado.

I don't consider myself a beer snob, though, but rather a beer nerd. The difference is that a snob basically shuns anything that isn't "the best". I can enjoy virtually any beverage which is, ostensibly, beer. This includes the occasional Bud Light, or whatever, if it's all that's available.

Beer snobs/nerds: have any of you PPUSA attendees been to Tap? It's a little tap house near Center Stage that has probably the nicest beer selection in Midtown, and an interesting food menu which is better than your average bar food. Some friends and I discovered it this past year, and now we're hooked. Sadly it's not open after the show gets out, but it's a nice place to duck out to for lunch or dinner.

Forgot about Bell's....love their Oberon.

Where is this Tap place?