BEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

Beer snobs/nerds: have any of you PPUSA attendees been to Tap? It's a little tap house near Center Stage that has probably the nicest beer selection in Midtown, and an interesting food menu which is better than your average bar food. Some friends and I discovered it this past year, and now we're hooked. Sadly it's not open after the show gets out, but it's a nice place to duck out to for lunch or dinner.

Have not been there, but would definitely like to check it out! Sounds like an easier place to get to than the Vortex (but that will always be one place I MUST visit at least once).

My taste is pretty broad when it comes to beer, although I really don't like pale ales much at all, and will avoid them whenever possible. Guess it all depends on my mood, and whether or not I'm having beer with food. I suppose that makes me somewhat of a beer snob...that and the fact that I will opt for water or a soda if the only "beer" available is swill like Bud/Miller/Coors Light. Gross.

Oh yeah! If you have a Whole Foods that sells beer, they also sell really good cider. My husband puts some in a crock pot with apple slices, cinnamon, and some orange zest. It's amazing!

I've done that too - my version has pear slices and a clove-studded orange. Yum.

I love beer possibly way more then anyone that has posted. If you are facebook friend of mine you know that I try to have at least one new beer a day. I am always on the the look out for the next cool thing. I am super into Stouts and Sours right now particularly bourbon barrel aged stouts and sours. Currently I drink a shitload of Schlafly Coffee Stout from Saint Louis 5.8% abv, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout 8.8% abv from cali, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast 10% abv, Great Divide Oak Aged Double IPA 10% abv, Goose Island Dominique bourbon barrel aged sour 8.5%, Bridgeport Kingpin Double Red 7.5% abv and New Belgium Le Terroir a super crisp sour 7.5%. Those are the ones that are on tap at Riot Room that I drink a lot of, but I have been exposed to Firestone Walker from Cali recently and they are a step up. Not only are their beers amazing but they are almost all barrel aged.

My friend and I are getting ready to start a video beer blog and we are gonna have a guy video tape that worked on the Pantera "3" video, how cool is that?

edit: also for the beer snobs I am currently aging Boulevard's Imperial Stout and am gonna bring some down to PP if I drive, it will be almost a 6 month age so get excited

A wild beersnob has appeared. Good sir, I approve!!!

Any of you guys try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale? I just heard about it when I was in Lexington the other day. I guess they age the beer in barrels used to age bourbon. It's supposed to be really good.

Any of you guys try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale? I just heard about it when I was in Lexington the other day. I guess they age the beer in barrels used to age bourbon. It's supposed to be really good.

Oh Yessssssssss that is some awesome beer

I havent heard of it Mike, but as a person from Chicago you should know about Goose Island Bourbon County Stout already and if you dont GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!

I am partial to two USA beers: Sam Adams, and a micro-brew from upstate New York called Old Slugger from Cooperstown Brewing Co. Da Link: http://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/beer.htm
Imports? I am partial to Spaten and Warsteiner. I have a soft spot for San Miguel, especially if it was made for the Philippine market. BTW, I also have a soft spot for Sam Miguel's Ginebra. Problem is it is like drinking Marvel Mystery Oil. You need to drink a shot of coke with it, or you'll think you are dying. It is that powerful despite being 80 proof.

It's pretty great. In fact, it's the only bourbon-barrel-aged beer I've liked so far. It's readily available here (even the grocery store carries it), but it's pricey.

I'll try any beer from any country but I will not drink anything from Budweiser, Miller, Coors or any other macrobrew. That being said.....

Sam Adams is definitely (IMO) one of the breweries out there. I would highly suggest trying Revolutionary Rye Ale (if you can find it) and the Scotch Ale. Well worth it.

New Belgium Brewing Company is also another one of my favorites.

The only problem with some of these microbrews is finding a place that carries them especially living in Cleveland, TN. But then again, I do know a place in Knoxville I can go to while I'm up for the Orange/White game this weekend.

Cheers and beers everyone!