Behemoth added to Ozzfest Second Stage!

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
As It says here:
Polish extreme metal titans BEHEMOTH have been added to the Ozzfest 2007 lineup. The band has landed the direct-support, non-rotating slot right before second-stage headliners HATEBREED. This is the first time a Polish act has ever participated in Ozzfest.

The Ozzfest billing is now shaping up as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
LAMB OF GOD
[to be announced]
LORDI

Second Stage – Non-Rotating:

HATEBREED
BEHEMOTH
MONDO GENERATOR

Second Stage – Rotating:

NILE
ANKLA
CIRCUS DIABLO
THE SHOWDOWN
3 INCHES OF BLOOD
DAATH
IN THIS MOMENT
[to be announced]

Nergal (vocals, guitars) states, "I couldn't be more proud about the fact that BEHEMOTH will be joining this year's Ozzfest! I'm speechless and beyond excited. No doubt it's going to be the brightest point of our career thus far, and I hope that this will help to spread dangerous and extreme music among the masses. It's an honor to team up with our longtime brothers in NILE and to share the stage with LAMB OF GOD and HATEBREED, not to mention the legend himself! With such a bill, you can expect nothing but pure metal carnage! What makes me even more excited is the little fact that we will be releasing our new album during the tour. So expect songs from 'The Apostasy', as well as some older shit. We'll definitely make sure the set is going to be brutal as fuck. You've been warned!"

BEHEMOTH built their career upon their unrelenting touring schedule, performing over 325 shows worldwide for the "Demigod" album campaign. With Ozzfest, the group kicks off the worldwide touring cycle in support of their highly anticipated new album, "The Apostasy", which is set for a July release.

The group's most ambitious and epic offering yet, "The Apostasy" was recorded in the band's hometown of Gdansk with Nergal and longtime sound engineer Malta in the producers' chairs. The effort is currently being mixed with the acclaimed Daniel Bergstrand (IN FLAMES, MESHUGGAH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) at Dug-Out Studios in Sweden and mastered by Bjorn Engelmann (RAMMSTEIN, SAMAEL).

BEHEMOTH became one of the most talked-about acts within the scene due to their vicious and unrelenting live performances on last year's Sounds of The Underground tour, which garnered them legions of devoted new fans. After a slew of major U.S. tours with the likes of such acts as DANZIG, MORBID ANGEL, CHIMAIRA and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, the group more than solidified themselves as one of the genre's most exciting new artists.

Behemoth and Nile would make me go, but it's gonna need more then just those 2

Instead of going to ozzfest go see Down,Megadeth and Heaven & Hell. support Dio and Tony Iommi,etc...

rly fuck ozzy and sharon.

I would love to see Behemoth live,as I am sure they put on a great show, but I do not want to see them in this type of setting. And wtf is up with them being so excited to join Ozzfest?

No doubt it's going to be the brightest point of our career thus far...

Shit like that is retarded. Sure you get to play to a ton of people, but it is such a shit crowd. They are becoming quite a mainstream band, relatively speaking.

I am not sure, I am going to see Behemoth live anyways the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival so this is little point seeing them again so soon.

Christ, Behemoth and Nile? Since when did Ozzfest have metal? I might just have to go now that two bands are playing.

you people are a bunch of negative nancys. I actually think is great and I might go this year.

I would love to see Behemoth live,as I am sure they put on a great show, but I do not want to see them in this type of setting. And wtf is up with them being so excited to join Ozzfest?

Shit like that is retarded. Sure you get to play to a ton of people, but it is such a shit crowd. They are becoming quite a mainstream band, relatively speaking.

Maybe he means as in..."show what Ozzfest really needs to fucking be" btw

you know he is going to start talking out of his ass and get all enraged and flame the shit out of you, right?

this is where the thread goes off topic.

you know he is going to start talking out of his ass and get all enraged and flame the shit out of you, right?

this is where the thread goes off topic.

he is a massive fucking homosexual, so who gives a shit what he thinks?

this is an awesome video BTW

behemoth FTW :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked the type of 'corpse paint" the band uses in this video. Particularly when they are standing out in the field. I think it is much more effective and spooky than traditional immortal type corpse paint. They look more dead and less like evil clowns or something. Of course traditional corpse paint has its place.