Behemoth frontman very ill...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=59148

This a real shame and hopefully he can pull through. From the handful of interviews I've read with him, he seems like a very interesting guy. On top of it, their live shows are some of the best I've ever seen. I was amazed by how they executed music that fast, that technical, with incredible stage energy and had it come across sounding so clean in a club setting. Especially through a PA system which left Symphony X with a sub par sound.

Nergal. :kickass:

Yes, I've seen this story in some form on other news sites as well. I don't even want to think about what some speculation is saying about the severity of his illness. Nergal is an awesome musician and frontman. I hear he's really cool to meet, too, although I had to leave after waiting in the ice and cold when I saw them in Atlanta on a recent tour.

I wish all the best for him...and certainly, that he can keep making music.

Even though I haven't enjoyed a Behemoth release since Demigod, I still leave amazed every time I catch one of their live sets. One of the top live bands in metal, period. To this day, Nergal remains my favorite/most interesting interview, and he was just a genuinely nice person the few times I met him. This really blows.

One of the top live bands in metal, period.
+1

Nergal is a class act and I have a ton of respect for how hard he has worked over the past decade to take Behemoth from underground band to headlining status here in America, without compromising his vision. The headlining show I saw them do in December 2003 after their tour with Six Feet Under still stands as one of the best concerts I've ever seen, and the other 8 or 9 times I've seen them aren't far behind.

Best wishes go out to him as he fights this.

I have been on the donor list for bethematch.org for awhile. I don't know if they check their donors for internaional use though. They should.