Behold!

Fullangr

Loitering Dwarf
Mar 28, 2008
Birmingham
Wasn't gunna...but what the hell.

Behold mine very own violin! She's all titchy and stuff (3/4 for those who know what it means) because er...I'm all titchy and stuff! :lol:

stentor.jpg

And yes, I am deeply in love. :Spin:

(Had my first lesson in 15 years on Thursday and having violin homework feels gooood :p)

I like the colour, though I prefer darker browns more...^^

why did you choose a 3/4 instead of 4/4?

Yes...I have stupidly small hands, hence buying a 3/4.

Or, to be blunter, when the lovely Kevin at Turner's Violins saw the size of my hands, he promptly came out with 'oh my god!' and tootled off to look for a decent 3/4, while hoping aloud that (for the sake of my bank balance) it fitted and I wasn't going to need a 5/8 (very rare and goddamned expensive). :lol:

Thankfully the 3/4 was alright. Reaching the bottom of the fingerboard is still uncomfortable (esp. on the G string), but it's bearable compared to the 4/4 and 7/8 and given a choice between a slightly uncomfortable 3/4 at around £200, or a perfectly-fitting 5/8 at roughly £1500, I think I can put up with some cramp in my little finger ;)

@Vikingess
ah okay, I hated playing my 3/4 cello, and worked hard on my technics so I can now cope perfectly with a 4/4 cello ;) for me it´s been a real difference inbetween those cellos´s sounds, so now the sound sounds way fuller what I really love...

hehehe, well, I can´t help you with forming that band, being a classical cellist I am not what you´re looking for, though I´m playing rockmusic aswell ;P

All we need now is a few guitars, some drums and an accordion (which I've got!:Spin: ) and we can start a Turisas tribute band, hahahah :lol:

Would that mean having to dress up as a slightly grouchy-looking Finn and prance about in furs and warpaint? :lol:

And more importantly, would you be going for the Lisko or Netta look with your accordion (or, dare I say it, 'additional nude accordion performance' a'la Antti Laurila)?

hehehe, well, I can´t help you with forming that band, being a classical cellist I am not what you´re looking for, though I´m playing rockmusic aswell ;P

Just play your cello like a violin!:D
Ouch! That would really hurt! :lol: :p

Would that mean having to dress up as a slightly grouchy-looking Finn and prance about in furs and warpaint? :lol:

And more importantly, would you be going for the Lisko or Netta look with your accordion (or, dare I say it, 'additional nude accordion performance' a'la Antti Laurila)?

Ooh aye! :D

:lol: Umm... I prefer Lisko's warpaint :)
The only problem with my accordion is that it's a different kind to what has been and is used in Turisas, but it makes the same sound :). Plus, it's sexier looking :p

@ Cari, :oops: I forgot about vocals! Whoever can sing the sexiest ;) :lol: 'cause Warlord's voice is incredibly sexy :oops: :D

Just play your cello like a violin!:D
Ouch! That would really hurt! :lol: :p

@ Cari, :oops: I forgot about vocals! Whoever can sing the sexiest ;) :lol: 'cause Warlord's voice is incredibly sexy :oops: :D

LOL thanks, so...I am not that big I could handle playing cello like a violin. And if I´d once forget to take off the endpin, now that would hurt : S
Plus, and as the biggest point: I am proud to be a cellist XD

well, then at least I´d know that I would not sing I think...singing under the shower is okay, at least the shower itself did not (yet) complain but... ^^

If we're having a combined Turisas and Apocalyptica tribute band, I demand that we work Korpiklaani in somewhere!

I'm willing to kidnap Jonne and Jarkko if necessary (although Jarkko would come perfectly willingly and probably help me get Jonne into the bargain).

Actually, could we include Stratovarius as well for that matter?

Stratovarius (aka Strato) = rather good but obscure Finnish metal band who have recently acquired Matias Kupianen (Olli's brother's partner in crime) as their new guitarist. It's all damn good fun, and Matias has nice hair to boot.

Official MySpace

Ei kestä!

They're working on new stuff at the moment, which is almost as exciting as the prospect of a new Orphaned Land album (if Kobi and Co ever pull their respective fingers out)... actually, why do all the bands I love take so damned long to release albums? :mad:

At least I have Korpiklaani, who knock albums out faster than most people manage children :lol: