Be'lakor

Be'lakor signs deal with Descent Productions

logoblack.jpg

Press Release:

We are very proud to announce that Be'lakor has joined the Descent Productions roster.

A dark melodic metal band from Melbourne, Be'lakor has quickly come to be regarded as one of Australia's leading metal acts. In the year that has followed the independent release of their debut, The Frail Tide, the band's international reputation has grown rapidly. Reviewers in the metal press have universally praised the album, commenting on Be'lakor's masterful song writing and a remarkable feel for distinctive melodies and mood. Drawing influences from ancient mythology and the perpetual struggle between destruction and life, Be'lakor creates songs that take the listener on a compelling journey.

From the band: "We are thrilled to be signing with Descent Productions. The bands already on the roster are excellent, and we feel that as a label, Descent offers us great support and the freedom to continue making the music that we're so passionate about. This partnership will certainly bear fruit for our listeners into the future, so stay tuned."

In September 2008, The Frail Tide will be re-pressed and released in a special edition digipack format through Descent Productions. Be'lakor's as-yet untitled follow-up to this album will be released through Descent Productions in early 2009.

http://www.myspace.com/belakor

descentproductionslogoblack.jpg

http://www.descent-productions.com
http://www.myspace.com/descentprod

--------

Thanks everyone - we appreciate the support on this forum that has helped us to achieve this. m/

WAY TO FUCKING GO, man. That's great. Good luck with everything.

well done to the boys. very pleased for them, they bloody deserve it with all the hard work they've put in. knowing George personally made hearing the news even more thrilling!!

\m/

^ I followed the crowd of worshippers walking in Be'lakor's footprints.

And of course I like Amon Amarth too. :p

Yeah seen Be'Lakor a few times after hearing many good things (from some people here even) about em! Can't wait to see em again actually, I really like the vocals.

Have you ever... ever felt like this?
When strange things happen... are you going round the twist? :p

Their writing ability is really good.

But I would prefer them to have a more juicy and crisp guitar sound and not so full of treble and mudd ( although you don't notice it until they play lower, highs sound clean and bright :) ).
The singer would be so much better if he used a little more diaphram and bit less throat.

8/10 for me I'd say

All good points mate. Our guitars on the current release were actually recorded in a friend's bedroom with amateur gear so we were a bit limited in the sound we could achieve. But I certainly agree that a crisper sound is desirable (next album is being financed so we'll have a full studio out our disposal).

Regarding the vocals, are you saying that you would like to hear them deeper (i.e. more guttral)?

Well I'm what you would call a really picky listener. Not necessarily deeper, just more of a gargle effect and a bit more enunciation. Luckily for you guys, it doesn't sound like it'll be hard at all. Already some of the better vocals on the DM scene today so no need to worry about it too much.

Haha that would make sense, I'll definitely be looking forward to anything you guys release. Writing skills are ace and a financed album will surely get you more recongition and fans than 90% of these failed attempts by unoriginal bands lately. I heard you guys for the first time today and you got an elitist as a fan that easy, so you're doing something right.

Well, thanks very much for the kind words guys :) Very pleased to hear you're enjoying our stuff. I completely agree regarding the vocals, greater clarity/enunciation has always been something I've aimed for and it certainly has scope for improvement. Regarding the guitars I also feel the same way; listening to something like Neither Shape Nor Shadow, the verse/thrashy part has really lost alot of the power it could have because the guitar tone lacks clarity and punch. This is a problem I frequently have with active EMG pickups so I'll be looking for alternatives to that as well.

Regarding being picky, I also have a critical ear when it comes to music. Too frequently do people just praise the bands they like without closer analysis. My own view of things is that if we don't recognise what needs improving as well as what works well, and strive to fix it, there's not much point in making more than one album. So, the constructive criticism is always appreciated!

very humble brother. that's what i like to see! remember when i came back after the first listen of your album and i picked that fault in track one i think it was? even though i don't play anything, i've got brutal aural skills. hail me! hahaha

very humble brother. that's what i like to see! remember when i came back after the first listen of your album and i picked that fault in track one i think it was? even though i don't play anything, i've got brutal aural skills. hail me! hahaha

Very humble of you Gaz *insert smirk here*

Well said, I couldn't agree more. Even the mighty Bloodbath needs improvement with certain things ( shh don't tell them I said that ;) )

Yeah I used to have EMG's in my jackson warrior. Complete garbage lol. The seymour duncan passive invader is twice as good. PASSIVE.
But from what I've heard I think the custom pickups that come with certain Schecter guitars seem to have that perfect, crisp punch in the face that we're all looking for.

Oh I wish I could remember names, I heard a couple previews from a good guitarist at a shop when I went on vacation. Hellraiser is the only one I remember but I'm pretty sure that one has EMG's in it. Maybe just browse their online store some day and check 'em all out if you have time. :p

I think my favorite aspect of a schecter is how smoothe but tight everything is on them. Even down to the volume knobs haha.

Nothing on the cards at the moment mate. Depending on how well the next album is received, there may be some international shows on the agenda. At this point in time we just aren't big/well known enough to justify the massive costs. I would love to get back to Canada though! :)

You know what's an awesome international place to tour?
Newport/Cardiff :p

I'm a little bummed here, I went to buy the CD tonight now that I am all moved and settled. SOLD OUT!
My crap luck for waiting till after my move :(