Beneath the Mire = Faith No More

colin007

Cunning Linguist
Sep 15, 2005
does anybody else get a faith no more vibe from the opening few minutes of "beneath the mire"? i asked a friend and he said he could totally hear it...

I get more of a Led Zeppelin Kashmir kind of feel. But now that you've said it....sort of.....ish.

The rest of the track reminds me of Morbid Angel quite a lot, especially the lyrics / vox (in the growled parts).

:headbang: Beneath the Mire is SUCH an incredible track! I get alot of camel/king crimson from the opening part.

Dammit, some of the best solo work in their career is in THIS song. Good stuff!

yeh the unison solo is one of my fave opeth solos .. definitely my fave on the album. Still doesnt beat The Funeral Portrait, Moonlapse Vertigo or April Ethereal though. But yeh.. have no idea whether it sounds like them or not

Another one of the soundalike-threads?

I'm just waiting for that moment when somebody compares an Opeth's track to Jay-z... :D

ACtually...when you mentioned it, the drumintro reminds me of FNM.

Woaaaah

Listen to Faith No Mores instrumental, 'Woodpecker from Mars', That kinda sounds like the opening of 'Beneath the Mire'

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: Beneath the Mire is SUCH an incredible track! I get alot of camel/king crimson from the opening part.

Dammit, some of the best solo work in their career is in THIS song. Good stuff!
I totally got a King Crimson vibe on lots of parts on a bunch of the songs off the new album........and does anyone else hear The Grudge by TOOL in Ghost of Perdition...it's there...it's there

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
The rest of the track reminds me of Morbid Angel quite a lot, especially the lyrics / vox (in the growled parts).

yeah on the "stark emptiness" line it sounds like Mikael is imitating MA from God of Emptiness