GR - There must be a concept

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
I'm sure Mikes just saying theres no concept just so we can figure it out ourselves. I mean on 'The Baying of the Hounds' Mike sings "Beneath the Mire...', I had to check we were still on track 2 when he sang that. Its clearly a reference to track 3. Even if there is no overall concept theres probabaly one between a few songs. I sure the concept is just about a guy how gets posessed by demons or satan or something...hmmm.....I dunno....any thoughts?

I guess in one Interview he said that the CD was supposed to have a concept but one song on the album didn't fit in the concept but they didn't want to change the lyrics. An then the songs got mixed up, so it is hard to follow the "story"... mhh... no idea ;)

In one interview Per said that the album was supposed to be a concept album but it became something else during Mike worked on the songs. Per said that it's not a concept album but it definately has a certain theme.

I am glad it's not a concept. I feel they are more creative when they don't have to conform every song to fit an entire album story. Now if two or three songs on an album are linked to form something (BWP or Deliverance^) then that's cool. But they are way better when there are several subjects touched on an album. I mean cmon, do you really want to hear about a failed relationship or a lost love on every song? Talk about boring and irritating. :cool:

Cheers Sloth for the interesting and plausible takes on the songs, I respect your dedication.