Besides Children Of Bodom, name three other bands that you like!

cacophony(fucking owns), pantera, nevermore, wintersun, racer x, megadeth, some YJM (mainly alchemy and seventh sign), Skid Row, Iron Maiden, Old Metallica(Pre-Black Album), Ozzy, and maybe a lil BLS

3? Pfft.
Agalloch, Agathodaimon, Amon Amarth, Amoral, Anorexia Nervosa, Arch Enemy, Arsis, As I Lay Dying, Behemoth, Catamenia, Children of Bodom, Dan Swano, Dark Tranquillity, Darkest Hour, Dawn Creation, Deadlock, Dimmu Borgir, Draconian, Dragonforce, Embraced, Emperor, Ensiferum, Epica, Equilibrium, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Forest Stream, Holy Moses, Immortal, Imperanon, In Flames, Insomnium, Kalmah, Kreator, Lunatica, Moonsorrow, Mors Principium Est, Mourn In Silence, My Dying Bride, Nightrage, Nightwish, Norther, Noumena, Old Man's Child, Omnium Gatherum, Opeth, Parkway Drive, Shape of Despair, Sinergy, Sirenia, Skyfire, Sonata Artica, Sotajumala, Swallow The Sun, Thyrfing, Unsilent Phenomenon, Warmen, Windir, Wintersun.

Ohhhh a smart ass! :D

Borknagar, Ensiferum, Evemaster, Farmer Boys, Graveworm, Hammerfall, Hypocrisy, In Flames, Leaves' Eyes, Magog, Nevermore, Norden, Norther, Raintime, Sirenia, Sonata Arctica, Strapping Young Lad, Thyrfing, Warmen, Winter of Apokalypse, Wintersun, Bjork, Opeth, Rammstein, Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, Our Lady Peace, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Darkane, Dark Funeral, Power Quest, After Forever, Atargatis, Charon, Darkwell, Entwine, Epica, Kamelot, Fields of the Nephilim, For My Pain..., Nightwish, Imperia, Indica, Lacuna Coil, My Dying Bride, Type O Negative, Tool, Nightingale, Nightrage, Penumbra, The 3rd and the Mortal, The Gathering, Trail of Tears, The Project Hate, Deadmarch, Tristania, Visions of Atlantis, Lullacry, Moonsorrow, Sinergy, Impaled Nazarene, battlelore, Elvenking, Finntroll, Lumsk, Korpiklaani, Dreamtale, Imperanon, Kalmah, Kiuas, Norther, Thunderstone, Stone, Soilwork, Skyfire, Old Man's Child, Behemoth, Naglfar, Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, Otyg, Einherjer, Turisas, Vintersorg, A Canorous Quintet, Arch Enemy, Ablaze My Sorrow, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Bloodbath, Pain, ...And Oceans, The Devin Townsend Band, The Agony Scene, (a little bit of) Lamb of God, Dimension Zero, (A little bit of) Cradle of Filth, The Haunted, Disarmonia Mundi, Terror 2000, Chimaira, The Defaced, Marduk, 1349, Dragonforce, Lost Horizon, Dream Evil, Iron Maiden, Blood Red Throne, Grave, Ion Dissonance, Meshuggah, Dog Fashion Disco, Susperia, Burzum, Ancient, Ancient Wisdom, Stratovarius, Into Eternity, Urgehal, Immortal, Carpathian Forest, Ghost Machinery, Iced Earth, Funeral Voices, Within Temptation, Ulver, Tarot, Darkwoods My Betrothed.

I really think that's it for now. My absolute favorites are, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth and Strapping Young Lad.

In the melodic death, I like very much Kalmah (as much as CoB), Wintersun and Ensiferum.

And in other genre, well that would be Emperor, Mayhem and Burzum, all hailing from Norway!

im quite surprised not one guitar player has mentioned cacophony in here...becker is probably the scariest player ever who actually plays great melodic music (listen to images and tell me it doesnt make you want to shed a tear...or altitudes)