What are your favorite Finnish bands?

kalmah
children of bodom
sonata arctica (i never knew they were finnish)
stratovarious
...and oceans
and the little sentenced ive heard sounds pretty good
~gR~

I think most of my favourite bands are from Finland, but lets not make the list too long...

Kalmah
Moonsorrow
EToS
...And Oceans
Amorphis
Sentenced
Battlelore
Insominium
Swallow The Sun
Catamenia

I musta forgot some but anyways.

Stone and Demilich. And Beherit, I guess...I just don't take them too seriously.

I've been conditioned to know that anything that comes out of Finland labeled "power metal" is gayer than Boy George.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Celesty are pretty awesome Finnish power metal with actual riffs, and they're pretty epic.

I'll check em out.

EDIT: Or maybe I'll pass. I'm already seeing comparisons to Sonata Fagtica and Stratovarius... :erk:

EDIT 2: I just listened to their debut album. It sounds like an oral orgy between Sonata Arctica and Timo Tolki. This fails.

Infernium said:
I think most of my favourite bands are from Finland, but lets not make the list too long...

Catamenia

I musta forgot some but anyways.
i didnt know they were from finland. a good band indeed
~gR~

genocide roach said:
i didnt know they were from finland. a good band indeed
~gR~

Yup, they are from Finland. Best meloblack band out there in my opinion!

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Oh, fuck yeah. Swallow The Sun rules.

Very true! The Morning Never Came is a masterpiece, i cant belive it's their debyt, best doom/death album on date!

Jean-Pierre said:
I'll check em out.

EDIT: Or maybe I'll pass. I'm already seeing comparisons to Sonata Fagtica and Stratovarius... :erk:

EDIT 2: I just listened to their debut album. It sounds like an oral orgy between Sonata Arctica and Timo Tolki. This fails.

I like your level of musical appreciation. :Smug:

Infernium said:
Very true! The Morning Never Came is a masterpiece, i cant belive it's their debyt, best doom/death album on date!

Yeah it is a good debut.