Nightwish
Sentenced
Stratovarius
Amorphis
Demigod
Sonata Arctica
Beherit
Evemaster

Would you agree?, please comment and say which countries you think make the best Metal(give the names of bands)

Germany's thrash/speed/power metal rules supreme \,,/ But apart from that tying down a single country for each would be damn hard. Except for the US prodcing alot of great Death metal.

Reactions: Jondur
I hate these lists- but Thrash is definately American owned- Slayer, Testament, Dark Angel, Megadeth, Metallica, Nevermore, Forbidden, Overkill, Exodus,Exhorder the list goes on and on.

Finland being overall the best? I can say I find most finnish bands to be overblown and boring- with the exception of Amorphis.

Who cares who is the best anyway- we all know the countries that put out good metal: All of Scandinavia, England, Germany, The USA, Eastern Europe is really flourishing, Brazil, Greece.

Actually, I'm gonna tweak the subject a little...

I like Colin Richardson and Terry Date. Some Ross Robinson stuff ain't bad, but Vanilla Ice and KoRN as credits is not a good thing.

Devin Townsend's pretty good, too.

I was about to reply and say Andy Sneap or Pete Targtren but I misread the post :lol:

Thrash : America : Simply for Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, many other great bands but the list could go on

Death : Dunno? : Sweden or America. Sweden has ATG, Dismember, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, The Crown, Amon Amarth...But saying that the Gothenburg scene is a bit stale now, America has Immolation, Nile, Suffocation, Death, Malevolent Creation so it is a hard choice.

Black : Norway : Erm..I thought this would be obvious

Power : Germany : Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iron Saviour, Primal Fear

The best black metal band came from Sweden in my opinion(Guess Who?), but Norway is the birth place of Black Metal and the pioneering went on there, Mayhem, Satyricon, Immortal, Darkthrone.

Before anyone mentions Venom, They are Thrash or Proto-Black Metal as some people call them.

Necro Joe said:
Norway has about five good black metal bands, two of which became good when they stopped being black metal.

Erhm right. I could mention like thousand brilliant Norwegian black metal bands. In fact, I think I will:

Emperor
Immortal
Mayhem
Darkthrone
Taake
Borknagar (not 100% black, though)
Carpathian Forest
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Ragnarok
Burzum
Dimmu Borgir (at least they WERE black metal)
Ulver (early)
Dødheimsgard (experimental as f***, but still great)
Enslaved
Gehenna (early)
Kvist
Kampfar
Limbonic Art
Obtained Enslavement
Old Man's Child
Satyricon
Tidfall
Twin Obscenity
Windir

speed said:
I hate these lists- but Thrash is definately American owned- Slayer, Testament, Dark Angel, Megadeth, Metallica, Nevermore, Forbidden, Overkill, Exodus,Exhorder the list goes on and on.
Germany has:
Kreator
Destruction
Sodom
Exhumer
Risk
Living Death
Holy Moses
Iron Angel
Tankard
Dew Scented
Final Breath
Desaster
Death Row
the list goes on and on.

They are all quality bands.

Don't give me this America crap, the American scene isn't anywhere near as big or as good as the German scene.

I admit I like the German bands- but lets face it- they cant touch American Thrash- you have three big ones Destruction, Kreator, and Sodom.

Look man this is not because of nationalism - I hate my own county; this is about talent and depth, thrash may be dead in the United States at present, but from the early eighties up to the mid 90's it is pretty clear American thrash was not only bigger and more influential, but better. At present I suppose thrash is better in Germany- especially since they have dew scented and Kreator still cranking out quality records, and we havent had a decent thrash record since the last Testament album.

Black - Norway (BURZUM, DARKTHRONE, TAAKE etc.)
Death - USA (MORBID ANDEL, MALEVOLENT CREATION, CANNIBAL CORPSE etc.)

Endead said:
Black - Norway (BURZUM, DARKTHRONE, TAAKE etc.)
Death - USA (MORBID ANDEL, MALEVOLENT CREATION, CANNIBAL CORPSE etc.)
Black - Poland (ARKONA, GRAVELAND, VELES etc.)
Death - Germany (FLESHCRAWL, OBSCENITY, PURGATORY etc.)

anonymousnick2001 said:
Actually, I'm gonna tweak the subject a little...

I like Colin Richardson and Terry Date. Some Ross Robinson stuff ain't bad, but Vanilla Ice and KoRN as credits is not a good thing.

Devin Townsend's pretty good, too.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!?

Vanilla Ice Is the Best Thing That ever Happened To this WORLD! :p