Which country makes the best Metal?

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
I say Germany because it produces the best Death Metal, the best Hardcore, the best Thrash, the best Industrial, the best Power. It only lacks on Classic Metal, Doom and Nu Metal.

BEST GERMAN METAL BANDS

CLASSIC
The Scorpians
Accept

THRASH
Kreator
Sodom
Destruction

DEATH
Profanity
Obscenity
Blood

INDUSTRIAL
Die Krupps
Bethlehem
KDFDM

HARDCORE
Rutgers

POWER
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Blind Guardian

Which country would you say produced the best Metal and why?

I say the US, simply because most of today's original sounding music comes from the US. While most of Europe is busy coming out with the latest melo-death clone or gay-ass power metal band, the US is busy churning out original band after original band.

Ireland is in second.

Dreamlord said:
I say the US, simply because most of today's original sounding music comes from the US. While most of Europe is busy coming out with the latest melo-death clone or gay-ass power metal band, the US is busy churning out original band after original band.

Ireland is in second.

I have to agree with you, although this country is pursuing the systematic rape of Humanity world wide, they still allow us to play music, and be poor because it is a business and Top 40 dominates, and our radio stations are owned almost exclusively by ClearChannel nationwide, and apathetic people don't care about our sovereighnty being eaten by or own Gov't, or the fact that creativity is being frowned upon in this country and when you have an original thought people think you are crazy, 'musics good though.

I would say Sweden:

Death Metal:
Insision
Spawn Of Possession
Vomitory
Dismember
early Entombed
Bloodbath
the list goes on and on

Melodic Death:
At The Gates (RIP)
Dark Tranquility
Opeth
In Flames

Thrash:
The Crown
The Haunted
Carnal Forge
Soilwork

Power metal:
who cares, I dislike power metal:D

Black Metal:
Dissection (best bm band)
Marduk
Dark Funeral

Doom/ Gothic Metal:
Katatonia
Candlemass

Folk/ Viking Metal:
Amon Amarth
Vintersorg

When it comes to strictly death metal (my favorite genre), I think it's the US. IMO the best death metal bands are from the US, like Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Nile, Skinless, Internal Bleeding, etc.

Dreamlord said:
Ireland is in second.
Whoa! You must be Irish. The only Irish bands I've heard of are Abaddon Incarnate, Primordial, and Mourning Beloveth. I have Nadir by Abaddon Incarnate and it's a pretty good evil grind CD. I have two mp3s from Mourning Beloveth, and they may possibly be the best doom metal band I've ever heard. I have some Primordial mp3s, but I just can't get into them; it sounds like they have black metal guitarwork with power metal vocals. What are some more Irish bands that I can check out? I'd be interested to hear more Irish bands, as I wasn't aware that they had a significant metal scene over there.

IMO, of course.. 1. US 2. sweden 3. poland
i think that the US has bands in every genre of metal that are good, where as other countries seem to have the best of the best, but only in one or two genres, you know? basically a lot of european countries have great bands, and i am sure that somewhere in my cd collection there isa a great cd from some other continent ( like austrailia!) peace - ben

Life Sucks said:
Whoa! You must be Irish. The only Irish bands I've heard of are Abaddon Incarnate, Primordial, and Mourning Beloveth. I have Nadir by Abaddon Incarnate and it's a pretty good evil grind CD. I have two mp3s from Mourning Beloveth, and they may possibly be the best doom metal band I've ever heard. I have some Primordial mp3s, but I just can't get into them; it sounds like they have black metal guitarwork with power metal vocals. What are some more Irish bands that I can check out? I'd be interested to hear more Irish bands, as I wasn't aware that they had a significant metal scene over there.

I'm American. :p

The Irish scene is very big, it just doesn't get any press. Here are some bands:

Mourning Beloveth- since you like the mp3's you have, you must get the two albums, "Dust" and "The Sullen Sulcus". Excellent doom metal.

Waylander and Cruachan- Both of these bands play folk back metal. Cruachan's debut "Tuatha Na Gael" is the finest folk metal release I've ever heard. Waylander's debut is also very good.

Primordial- I'm curious what album the mp3's you have are from. "SPirit the Earth Aflame" and "A Journey's End" are really unequalled.

Geasa- If you don't like Primordial, you probably won't like Geasa, although Geasa are more black metal.

Mael Morda- see Cruachan and Waylander

Scald- if you like grind, get this band's stuff. I'm having a hard time finding it, but the mp3's I've heard fucking rule.

Arcane Sun- I cannot praise this band enough. They released only one album before splitting. It remains my favorite album ever released. Every person that has checked out Arcane Sun's s/t debut based on my recommendation has loved the album.

There are many more: Kingdom, Desolate, Morphosis, Hexxed, Primal Dawn, Karnayna, Moonfog, Mephitis, Inhumane, Lunar Gate

Dreamlord said:
I'm American. :p

The Irish scene is very big, it just doesn't get any press. Here are some bands:

Mourning Beloveth- since you like the mp3's you have, you must get the two albums, "Dust" and "The Sullen Sulcus". Excellent doom metal.

Waylander and Cruachan- Both of these bands play folk back metal. Cruachan's debut "Tuatha Na Gael" is the finest folk metal release I've ever heard. Waylander's debut is also very good.

Primordial- I'm curious what album the mp3's you have are from. "SPirit the Earth Aflame" and "A Journey's End" are really unequalled.

Geasa- If you don't like Primordial, you probably won't like Geasa, although Geasa are more black metal.

Mael Morda- see Cruachan and Waylander

Scald- if you like grind, get this band's stuff. I'm having a hard time finding it, but the mp3's I've heard fucking rule.

Arcane Sun- I cannot praise this band enough. They released only one album before splitting. It remains my favorite album ever released. Every person that has checked out Arcane Sun's s/t debut based on my recommendation has loved the album.

There are many more: Kingdom, Desolate, Morphosis, Hexxed, Primal Dawn, Karnayna, Moonfog, Mephitis, Inhumane, Lunar Gate
Cool, thanks. I'm sure I will have trouble finding these in stores here. I actually look for Mourning Beloveth when I go to the CD store, but it is never there.

www.darksymphonies.com has both Mourning Beloveth albums, each for only $10 postage paid. THat's two excellent doom albums for only $20

Arcane Sun can be bought from www.relapse.com for only $12 postage paid

Cruachan, Waylander and Primordial shouldn't be a problem.

Most of the others will be a problem.