Vote Best Metal Country

Best CURRENT Metal Country

• Total voters
Yes it does, and yes it is. Not more than 2 or 3 (good) southern bands dealing with hindi mythology.

The neighbor countriy Pakistan has a much richer black metal scene though. I once bookmarked a friend's recommendation - a one-man black metal band from Pakistan. He sent me a sample too, which was incredibly great.. but I lost the contents of my entire hard drive some months ago, due to which I lost everything. I hope I run into him some day and perhaps collect the name of that band.

:kickass:

Jalandhar.

nice to meet you paaji, btw we have another paaji in hubster, wonder if hes pissed at me for revealing that :erk:

Does India have a black metal scene? If so it must be way underground.
of the little i know most bands coming up here are inclined more towards various grind, i have yet to even hear an indian BM band for that matter.

nice to meet you paaji, btw we have another paaji in hubster, wonder if hes pissed at me for revealing that.
A paaji would mean 'crazy', actually. It's spelled as bhaaji, meaning 'big brother' in Punjabi.

And people know that he's sikh and ethnically Punjabi, so I don't think he'd mind. ;)

Plenty of bands...The Ruins of Beverast, Dark Fortress, Secrets of the Moon, Anti, Sterbend and many more. These bands are all pretty interesting, but Sterbend is really just early Burzum clones. I really liked The Ruins of Beverast's most recent album "Rain Upon the Impure" which is quite a unique album, not specifically black metal though.

I agree French black metal is the best and I wasn't meaning to say Germany was better than France, France was my favourite but I've just shifted interest over to Germany in the past year especially...I also enjoy funeral doom band Ahab, and I'm also a fan of Rammstein and similar bands.
And Moonblood, Odal, Wolfheitan, Lunar Aurora, Negator, etc. Germany is at the top in almost every genre. That's one of the reasons I'm proud to be 100% German.