Best second wave Black Metal band

Best second wave Black Metal band

• Total voters
I really enjoy Satyricon's first five albums. Their last two are o-k.

As for Marduk, they've been a part of the scene since the very start but I don't think they did anything particularly that great. Their debut album is pretty cool though, perhaps it's not really a black metal album though since it's got a strong death metal influence and sound to it.

Their first album is like a bolt thrower album done by black metal guys and it's fucking awesome.

Darkthrone.

Nobody matches the amount of quality releases they have.

Might want to rethink that...

Full-length albums:

* The Northern Upins Death (1990)
* Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism (1992)
* Pure Holocaust (1993)
* Battles in the North (1995)
* Blizzard Beasts (1997)
* At the Heart of Winter (1999)
* Damned in Black (2000)
* Sons of Northern Darkness (2002)
* All Shall Fall (2009)

I voted for Burzum even if I think that Darkthrone has more amazing releases if we go by numbers. Darkthrone has like five albums that I love but then they went all backwards in the past years. Burzum has Filosofem which is one of my most favourite releases of all time and I generally like the direction Varg is heading more. Fuck, even fucking Belus is fucking great and that's last year.

Might want to rethink that...

Full-length albums:

* The Northern Upins Death (1990)
* Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism (1992)
* Pure Holocaust (1993)
* Battles in the North (1995)
* Blizzard Beasts (1997)
* At the Heart of Winter (1999)
* Damned in Black (2000)
* Sons of Northern Darkness (2002)
* All Shall Fall (2009)

yeah sorry I don't like every single album Immortal has released. They have maybe 2 good albums. Darkthrone has 12 or so.

Yeah I think i'm gonna have to vote for Darkthrone,even though I appreciate the other bands.Darkthrone are the quintessential second wave BM band,albums like Under A Funeral Moon,Panzerfaust,ABITNS and Total Death are fucking classics.

Its pretty fucking hard to choose, I enjoy every band on the poll list. However, I shall go with Darkthrone. They've played more than just black metal (all 3 eras are badass). They have a song called "Canadian Metal", which makes me feel good. And their black metal material was arguably some of the coldest and most well done.
Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Mayhem aren't too far behind in my books.