Second Wave of Thrash Metal (SWOTM)

Is the SWOTM dying out?

• Total voters
Revocation isn't really retro except maybe for a little similarity with early Annihilator. They're basically modern Nuclear Blast thrash.

Baroque's idea of good posting: finds posts that can at a push be interpreted to mean something dumb. Interprets them to mean something dumb to make himself feel clever.

Your argument was dumb. No one was even talking about core and you tacked that on there as a way to try and cheapen retro metal. And your point consisted of "I'm going to stay narrow minded because I think all of X oh and also y sucks". How is that anything but dumb? It's not insightful or give credibility to your opinion and has no reasoning but "lol I think it sucks" like an angsty teenager's "whatever".

Your argument was dumb. No one was even talking about core and you tacked that on there as a way to try and cheapen retro metal. And your point consisted of "I'm going to stay narrow minded because I think all of X oh and also y sucks". How is that anything but dumb? It's not insightful or give credibility to your opinion and has no reasoning but "lol I think it sucks" like an angsty teenager's "whatever".

Your powers of interpretation are poor, and at this point you're really only disagreeing with me to save face after my pointing out what a consistently boring posted you are. This discussion is confirming that impression.

If you must know my opinion on retro metal, I don't dislike it on principle - there's no reason a band playing an old style should have to be bad - merely in practice, as most in my experience tend to be somewhat uninspired.

As to core, when Krow referred to people "bitching about new styles", hardcore influenced takes on existing genres tend to be the new styles metal heads bitch about the most (in fact, they're arguably the only genuinely new styles post about 2000). I'm not trying to claim any similarity between core bands and retro bands, aside from the fact that most people here dislike the majority of them.