New Wave of Thrash

Fair enough. But for me The Cold did NOT come anywhere close to providing what I want from a Flotsam and Jetsam... namely thrash!

lol i feel like you this year. the new sebastian bach is very melodic but i wanted something that kicked my face in like angel down

Well, I like more the old generation of thrash than the new one I must admit but the new has two bands that really grab my attention: Evile and Savage Messiah. The songwriting and especially the vocals of both bands really sets them apart from the rest. Thrash is not about playing fast all the time. For me, it's about keeping it interesting and getting a musical hook that I can get into. FST by Evile is proof of that and I'm hoping for something really good from the Messiah's next album. Just my two cents :D

even though i like both new and old Thrash, i would have to go with the new wave of Thrash bands, just because the simple fact that most of the older ones arent up to anything interesting anymore and it feels like many of the newer thras bands have perfected the sound imo. and the fact that there are so many good modern thrash bands like:

Havok, Municipal waste, Gama bomb, SSS, Violator, Bonded by blood etc. and also many bands around here scandinavia that i ike

Also, I don't consider Pantera to be a thrash band. They had some thrashy songs but in the main they were a groove band. Unfortunately groove bores me senseless.
You made me Wiki them just for the hell of it, and here's how their classified:

Groove metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, glam metal (early)

WTF

The new wave of thrash is like the original wave: A few good gems hidden amongst a pile of shit.

That being said, Hexen, Merciless Death, Hatchet, SSS, and Violator are a few of those gems. I also like some Bonded by Blood, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, and even Evile once in a while.

Now, about this old-bands-releasing-new-shit-material thing. I think Megadeth, Anthrax and Testament are all still releasing good music. Am I going to sit here and say Th1rt3en and Worship Music are as good as Rust in Peace and Among the Living? No. Of course not. But I didn't think they were awful either.

Then again, if this new wave of thrash is as substantial as some make it out to be, perhaps it will persuade bands like Megadeth and Anthrax to go back to their balls-out thrash roots.