The Thrash Wave

Southern Lord caters to whatever is most en vogue at the time, from old school doom to sludge doom to drone doom to suicidal black metal, and they specialize in special, limited edition wax to make sure that people know just how hip they are. Trust me, Southern Lord is a MASSIVE trend label. Just because they don't jump on the biggest mainstream trends doesn't mean they're not swayed by the rumblings on the road.

Phhh... Blasphemy? You call that kvlt? Thats what ten year olds listen to before the learn about REAL black metal. I have this one tape, only one has ever been produced. IT has only one track, and the band broke up afetr it was released, and they never played live. All the members impaled themselves on inverted crosses on haloween two days after it was released. They had satan himself imbue the tape with inverted grimness and evil.

Suck on it bitch.

Translated.

:)

Phhh... Blasphemy? You call that kvlt? Thats what ten year olds listen to before the learn about REAL black metal. I have this one tape, only one has ever been produced. IT has only one track, and the band broke up afetr it was released, and they never played live. All the members impaled themselves on inverted crosses on haloween two days after it was released. They had satan himself imbue the tape with inverted grimness and evil.

Suck on it bitch.

Quote O' Day

Southern Lord caters to whatever is most en vogue at the time, from old school doom to sludge doom to drone doom to suicidal black metal, and they specialize in special, limited edition wax to make sure that people know just how hip they are. Trust me, Southern Lord is a MASSIVE trend label. Just because they don't jump on the biggest mainstream trends doesn't mean they're not swayed by the rumblings on the road.

I would not call....

Wolves In The Throne Room
Striborg
Sunn 0)))
Boris
Om
Earth
Craft
Goatsnake
Earth
Lair of the Minotaur

trendy by any means. Bitch all you wont about their Xasthur and St.Vitus releases, thats about 5-10% of the shit they put out. With their wax vinyl release, they putt a great amount of detail and pride in their vinyl records. Black Metal labels run into this trend a ton more than Southern Lord. If anything something like Hydra Head,Battle Kommand and Hells Headbangers, all respected by me, are following this trend.

I have never seen drone being seen has the in genre any time and any where.

I'm with Dodens on this one. Around here sludge, drone and "post metal" are really hip right now. Everyone and their mothers likes Sunn 0))) and Boris ffs.

And what is trendy about Saint Vitus?

unless youre listening to la monte young or tony conrad or somethingcan you stop referring to drone doom as drone, they are not the same thing, thanks

And I'm not a really huge fan of that. :/

Wish there'd be some awesomer THRASH-thrash out there...

tbh, if their really is such thing as this "Thrash Wave", it isn't going to last long. Municipal Waste is the only band that I even care about.