THRASH is back!!!!

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
It seems in the last 2 years now that new thrash bands are now popping up everywhere nowadays and that older thrash albums that have been long out of print are now being re-issued…..

Especially in the south California area you can now find thrash bands in about every corner….

It’s great to see thrash metal making waves in the metal scene again though it never did die!!!

Some of the new thrash bands that been kicking my ass include….

Warbringer
Toxic Holocaust
Mercyless Death
Evile (congrats on the UK support tour for Megadeth)
Fueled By Fire
By War
Decimator
Skeletonwitch
Bonded by Blood
Dekapitator
Blood Tsunami
Eternal Devastation
Violator

I grew up being an avid listener of Testament, Anthrax, Deliverance and Megadeth. Testament being my favorite though. With that said, I'm clueless about the new wave of thrash that's out there. The band's discs seem to be hard to find too, at least for me here locally. :erk:

By the way, if you've never heard Deliverance's "Weapons of Our Warfare", do yourself a favor and find it. It's an often overlooked and underappreciated gem of an album.

~Brian~

We definitely love our Power-Thrash sound, and its a breath of fresh air in comparison to all the dime-a-dozen teenage death metal (not a knock to death metal by any means) and hardcore acts around. We're hated around our area among the local scene, because we have powerful, ballsy vocals you can understand and apparently thats not "up-to-date with the current music scene". One kid had the nerve to tell us when we won a battle of the bands that we shouldn't have won because we sounded to 80's-ish and we needed to get with today's music in the 2000's-es.

I kid you not.

Thrash is definitely a cure for B.S. music in my opinion. Long live Thrash. :headbang:

ah Deliverance. Thrash's answer to religon. Speaking of Deliverance about a year ago I puchased two cd's on Ebay. Each CD had 2 Deliverance full length albums on them. They are fully remastered authentic 2 on one.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ei6X_j7gEdI[/ame]

It's actually a denim vest ;)

I need to get myself one. I have a few sweet patches that would go real well on them. I need to find an awesome old school King Diamond or Mercyful Fate back patch.

Denim vests are fucking metal.

I prefer leather over denim, but that's just me.

Same here, although my last leather vest ended up being gifted to a fellow metalhead (Ripper, some of y'all know him) and then being burnt up in a fire at his apartment. :cry:

I've still got several leather jackets, though, and a few pairs of leather jeans that I only break out on rare occasions. :)

South California?

I don't think I've heard it called that before... usually Southern California... Sorry to even bring it up but just struck me as funny...:lol:

And Thrash rules!

A couple of my favorites from the past are

Death Angel and Nuclear Assault:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: