The Thrash Wave

Captain

Varmint-Cong
Jun 20, 2007
on sad wings of destiny
Curious to know what everybody's opinion is on the sudden wave of Thrash. Bands like Bonded By Blood, Evile, Fueled By Fire, Warbringer and Municpal Waste are bringing back Thrash in a big way.

The good thrash that's coming out is the blackened thrash. And since Mathias would rather suck some dream theater cock then bash heads to some witchtrap, his opinion is rather invalid.

Well, a lot of bands are generic & take influence from other bands (duh). I'm not worried if a band is generic or not, I just want to listen to them if they make good music.

most of them either suck or are nothing special at all. so far the only new band that really stands out and kicks fucking ass to me is municipal waste.

Damn, I just realized that I was not even aware that there was much of a new Thrash Wave out there. As much as I've heard of revitalized Thrash I can make a saef assumption that a good bit of proabably sucks though.

trend

metal is now at the point of rehashing its own past for 'new' material, it may as well be considered a dead genre in a few years if it isnt already