Evile in The Guardian

Actually I'd be tempted to put Warbringer in there if they expanded a little more - they moved closer to death-thrash territory on Waking Into Nightmares but not enough to seperate themselves.

Agreed, although unlike Dave,. I liked their first album...... Regardless, "Waking into Nightmares" was miles better.

1263811908031.jpg

Evile are always going to be kings of the kill (sorry) because they've actively gone out of their way to branch out and break away from the generic thrash mould. Mutant and Vektor, whilst again not doing anything original, are at least doing somethign different fom what the other lot are playing. Laceration from the US are the only new band I've heard who're doing pure death-thrash properly and extremely well, though Warbringer seem to be dabbling a little in death-thrash territory themselves.

And then what do you have - Merciless Death? Fuck off.

to be fair. Merciless Death showed up before anyone realized that there were going to be an army of these kinds of bands. I fault them because they didn't try to mix it up after the army of thrash bands came out of the woodwork.
edit: and as for Warbringer, they might not be that origional, but they are more memorable than most. the solo from severed reality was stuck in my head after hearing it once. in kinda the same way that the solo in Mutant's T.H.U.M.P. did.

I fault them becuse they're only marginaly better than Toxic Holocaust and have to name their songs after old thrash bands to appear kvlt (they have song titles like Exumer and Slaughter Lord, both of these bands being infinitely better than Mrciless Death). Seriously, I fucking hate that band.

Also, Gama Bomb started a year before Merciless Death (GB 2002, MD 2003) so yeah.

I fault them becuse they're only marginaly better than Toxic Holocaust and have to name their songs after old thrash bands to appear kvlt (they have song titles like Exumer and Slaughter Lord, both of these bands being infinitely better than Mrciless Death). Seriously, I fucking hate that band.

Also, Gama Bomb started a year before Merciless Death (GB 2002, MD 2003) so yeah.

yeah, and I wouldn't have a problem at all if Gama Bomb sounded like another clone thrash band... back then. they've got their own thing worked out since then, and I applaud them for it.

MD has had plenty of time to figure things out, and they haven't.