New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal? (NWOTHM)

All I have to say say is that Cauldron - In Ruin rocks! There is something darker to it compared to most of the other bands mentioned here.

Last edited:
I've got more great recs from this thread alone from the past few months. UM you are hiding out!

I like this movement a lot. Starlight Ritual is pretty good.

I love Sumerlands too. Angel Sword is good too, and NightBitch hasn't really stuck yet for me, gotta give them more listens.

Reactions: Psilociraptor
I've got more great recs from this thread alone from the past few months. UM you are hiding out!

I like this movement a lot. Starlight Ritual is pretty good.

I love Sumerlands too. Angel Sword is good too, and NightBitch hasn't really stuck yet for me, gotta give them more listens.
Dude that was awesome. I loved it. I recently listened to Katana's Head will Roll album. That album was amazingly good. The last track Quest of Hades. Really the first vocal solo I ever heard in heavy Metal. The vocalist Johan Bernspång is amazing. Kinda sounds a bit like Joe Elliot, but a little higher.

To get a good taste I say listen to the Heavy Metal Killers compilation. I wonder how this holds up to modern thrash.

I just decided to check out Cauldron...pretty interesting to hear something like Dokken being created in recent times.

Honestly, I've never liked "retro" things, they're almost always based in cliche stereotypes of whatever era is being returned to artistically, and they are generally very gimmicky. Cauldron seems alright, though.

I just decided to check out Cauldron...pretty interesting to hear something like Dokken being created in recent times.

Honestly, I've never liked "retro" things, they're almost always based in cliche stereotypes of whatever era is being returned to artistically, and they are generally very gimmicky. Cauldron seems alright, though.
Yeah. And I admit while a lot of these didn't have much a style developedo n their first albums. It grew over time and they have distinction now these days.

Mate you're a pagan in 2017. You're the definition of what you have never liked. :heh:

Just listen to any number of bands playing Frost and Fire Fest, Legions of Metal fest, or Milwaukee Spring Bash fest.
I think a lot of these bands are a source of inspiration to me as well. Gives me some idea when I start a band. Though I do want to avoid sounding like the rest.

Mate you're a pagan in 2017. You're the definition of what you have never liked. :heh:

I was talking more about art than religion. Religion transcends time, and art does as well, but it's better to keep the old and focus on it as opposed to trying to recreate the old.