Best Metal Scene in Aus

Which City has the Best Metal Scene in Australia?

• Melbourne

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Sydney

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Adeliade

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Perth

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
fuck im dead, the kill, decomposing serenity and identity theft are somemore noteable bands that i enjoy from melbourne :D

Originally posted by The Pimp NeonBlack
Yeah, Todd, but both Dungeon and Infernal prefer playing in Canberra.
I's mean, Dungeon gets the biggest crowd reactions and profit margins here in Canberra.
Canberra is the best scene for metal in Australia, despite what Uncle says, 'cause we're so hard up for it. It's a pity that it takes certain bands to motivate most Canberra metalhead, but once we're motivated, whach the fuck out.
And Uncle: you should come out to the RockApe sometime. I's think you'll be most impressed by the new attitude in the Canberra scene and some of the amazing up and coming bands.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Hi Pimp ,

I actually go to the Ape , pretty often ,and will be attending both nights next weekend ,butI do not go there as much as I used to, I moved to Belco and used to live walking distance .
Last gig I attended was Pungent Stench and I had a great night , but the same problems were still there , warm beers(no excuse) and lack of air conditioning. Normally I will put up with these things if I really want to see a band , but not to see The Hated and Reign of Terror every second weekend .
As for you saying " its a pity it takes certain bands to motivate most Canberra metal heads " , sorry dude but if a band does not appeal to me , I'm not going to go out of my way to see them , just for the sake of supporting the scene .
There does seem to be some younger folk going to gigs and starting bands , which is good , but I've yet to see anyone amazing start up in canberra in the last 12 months .

Originally posted by Unklekronoz
Hi Pimp ,

I actually go to the Ape , pretty often ,and will be attending both nights next weekend ,butI do not go there as much as I used to, I moved to Belco and used to live walking distance .
Last gig I attended was Pungent Stench and I had a great night , but the same problems were still there , warm beers(no excuse) and lack of air conditioning. Normally I will put up with these things if I really want to see a band , but not to see The Hated and Reign of Terror every second weekend .
As for you saying " its a pity it takes certain bands to motivate most Canberra metal heads " , sorry dude but if a band does not appeal to me , I'm not going to go out of my way to see them , just for the sake of supporting the scene .
There does seem to be some younger folk going to gigs and starting bands , which is good , but I've yet to see anyone amazing start up in canberra in the last 12 months .

Yes.
I's thinks I's knows you, but you wouldn't know The Pimp by his postings.
And there is an excuse for warm beer. The fact that people drink so much of it we constently have to go out and buy more. But that is a small price to pay, all things considered.
And you haven't been keeping up with the news of late. The Hated are temporially no more and Reign Of Terror have only been playing so many gigs of late because they have been asked to by the management of the other bands (all except last weekend, where someone else requested that they play).
And you support the scene. You only go out and catch the big gigs (Dungeon, MTFB, Pungent Stench, etc) and then you bitch and whine about the Canberra scene. A scene can only become better and stonger if people go out of their way to support. Especially if they are of the old scene. The Pimp recommends you to go and see the up and coming bands like Demonikus, Shatterwrath, Fistication, Sindablok, Planets Collide and the others who are struggling to find a place in the scene.
But this argument is neither here nor there. And is not posted to flame but to prod the mind and the body into returning to the scene you once loved.
Anyway Uncle, The Pimp shall see you on the weekend. Whether or not you see The Pimp is a different matter.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Mr Pimp ,

First things first , the warm beer , seems to occur wether there is 50 or 150 people in the place , this is not good , it is a bar not a community centre , buying cases through the night from Woolies is not very clever either , is there a cool room in the place and if not , why not get a couple of tubs with ice or put a fridge out the back .

As far as keeping up with the news , The Hat played their last gig on the weekend , so I'm not that far behind things and ROT I seriously find it hard to believe that other bands would request to play with them .:D

As far as I only support the bigger bands , how long have you been around ?
I've been going to metal gigs in Canberra for 18 years , I've done a zine , organized shows and played in a band , and even in my 30's I still regularly go to shows, when a lot of my friends , have totally lost interest in metal . I've been to countless local gigs at the Rock Ape over the last few months , I've seen all the local bands you mentioned several times , as well Sakkuth x2, Infernal Method x 3 , etc...

Demonikus - have lots of potential but have yet to find their own sound.
Shatterwrath - Best band you mentioned , only seen them once .

Fistication - have not seen them , crap name (is Steve ex A.A mark 2 in this band)

Sindablock - sound like a glam band , well played , not my style.

Planets Collide - I enjoyed this band , but not enough to go out of my way to see them.

I'd love one of these bands to blow me away , but I just don't find any of them really do it for me , the best new band to come out of Canberra in the last 2 years , is LOG .

if you see me feel free to say hello , I thought you might be Reggae but I don't think so now .

All the best ,keep up the enthusiasm .

Andrew

Adelaide and Brisbane are my 2 favourite scenes, but there are kille rbands in Canberra Sydney and Melbourne also, not forgetting Tasmania and Perth.... unsure about NT.... Aussie metal!!!

Mr Pimp ,

First things first , the warm beer , seems to occur wether there is 50 or 150 people in the place , this is not good , it is a bar not a community centre , buying cases through the night from Woolies is not very clever either , is there a cool room in the place and if not , why not get a couple of tubs with ice or put a fridge out the back .

As far as keeping up with the news , The Hat played their last gig on the weekend , so I'm not that far behind things and ROT I seriously find it hard to believe that other bands would request to play with them .:D

As far as I only support the bigger bands , how long have you been around ?
I've been going to metal gigs in Canberra for 18 years , I've done a zine , organized shows and played in a band , and even in my 30's I still regularly go to shows, when a lot of my friends , have totally lost interest in metal . I've been to countless local gigs at the Rock Ape over the last few months , I've seen all the local bands you mentioned several times , as well Sakkuth x2, Infernal Method x 3 , etc...

Demonikus - have lots of potential but have yet to find their own sound.
Shatterwrath - Best band you mentioned , only seen them once .

Fistication - have not seen them , crap name (is Steve ex A.A mark 2 in this band)

Sindablock - sound like a glam band , well played , not my style.

Planets Collide - I enjoyed this band , but not enough to go out of my way to see them.

I'd love one of these bands to blow me away , but I just don't find any of them really do it for me , the best new band to come out of Canberra in the last 2 years , is LOG .

if you see me feel free to say hello , I thought you might be Reggae but I don't think so now .

All the best ,keep up the enthusiasm .

Andrew

Yes. The Pimp Thought it was you Andrew. How have you been of late?
You done much for the Canberra metal community over the years and have supported the RockApe these past three years.

Apologies to you, Uncle, but The Pimp tends to get a tad defensive when people make comments upon Canberra, the Canberra Metal Scene and RockApe in particular (The Ape is one of my's only "legal" sources of income).

And I's has been on the scene for quite sometime now ands have put on soem of the most popular gigs of the last year (and soem of the worst too, I's may add) but I's have not doen the same ammount as work as you. But that is only due to time.

And as to thinking The Pimp is Reggae, that brings a laugh t these lips. Reggae has a hard enough tiem being Reggae, let alone trying to make other believe tha he could a construct personality.

No. You know The Pimp. You say greetings to The Pimp everything you meet at The Ape and around the scene. You have had conversations with The Pimp. And you and The Pimp have many mutural acquiantences.

But The Pimp shall not tell you whom he is or is not, but rather leave you to figure it for yourself. That may seem a little cruel, but The Pimp's identity is quite obvious if you thinks about it. And besides, even a pimp needs a little fun.

So let us leave our optinions and arguments over the scene and The Ape for the flesh and not virtual. For it far better to discuss in the flesh because there is very little confusion as to one's tone (I's know I's has that problem).

And to answer your question about Fistication: Yes Steve the former Drummer of Armoured Angel is the Drummer for Fistication and he does a bang up job for them.

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Ok Pimp or should that be Mysterioso ,

I've got a couple of ideas who you are , I don't think you are the the first person I thought you might be , as I did a search and I don't think they are big Nevermore or Dungeon fans .

Do you play drums by any chance ?

I have not done that much for the scene , just been around for a long time . I don't mean to be to hard on the Ape , as we don't have a lot to choose from , I just think with a small amount of effort that place could be a lot better, regardless I will still attend when good bands play .

Keep up the good work . See you on the weekend .

PS. I had control of my tone the whole time .

Ok Pimp or should that be Mysterioso ,

I've got a couple of ideas who you are , I don't think you are the the first person I thought you might be , as I did a search and I don't think they are big Nevermore or Dungeon fans .

Do you play drums by any chance ?

I have not done that much for the scene , just been around for a long time . I don't mean to be to hard on the Ape , as we don't have a lot to choose from , I just think with a small amount of effort that place could be a lot better, regardless I will still attend when good bands play .

Keep up the good work . See you on the weekend .

PS. I had control of my tone the whole time .

That comment about tone wasn't aimed at you, but was a general comment on the internet's ability to express emotion.

And no. I's don't play drums.

And The Pimp's indentity is rather easy t figure out if you just think about it (even easier that Koichi gave my's name away).
But I's will see you on the weekend, even if you don't see I.

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

PS.
Besides Reggae, who to you think I's was?

Originally posted by Koichi
I sometimes think your're that guy who sits outsides the day care centre picking up chicks.

you had me worried koichi, i thought u were refering to him picking up the "chicks" that actually go to the day care :lol:

Originally posted by Lord Tim
They're great unless you start to think about that stupid court order that y-- Uh... Oh, look! Is that Pete Townshend?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

and is that garry glitter next to him?