Best Basest player in metal

How about Johm Paul Jones, or Paul Mcartney, Geddy Lee Bob Daisley, Neil Murry, Cliff Williams and whole lot more to numerious to mention.

there are way to many bass players out there even consider who is the best, because they all have some sort of signature. I along with others on this site really enjoy and appreciate NIBBS, I mean this guy plays the bass better than than several metal guitar players. NIBBS, must have a chiropractor on tour with him, because when he plays his bass all you can see is his hair flying in several different directions, he is so f**kin, cool, he gets my vote. ROCK-N-ROLL.............

Hey you guys, Dave Clark here. Glad to see me old mates Frank and Eamon here! This is turning into something of a TV presenters paradise.

Just to throw in my two cents worth, I say that the greatest bass player is me old mate Matt Lorenzo. When he isn't sniffing around Kirsty Gallagher he plays a mean bit of metal baritone.

Fantastic.

best metal bassists in no particular order:

Billy Sheehan
Steve Harris
Joey DeMaio - (the Manowar bloke!!)
Randy Coven
Roger Glover - well underated
John McCoy - coz he looked cool!!
Pete Way - likewise
Bob Daisley pretty good too

hmm...can't think of any more!!!

Cliff Burton was actually pretty rubbish as I recall - that 'Pulling Teeth' bass solo thing he used to do was actually terrible!!!!! bless him.

Indeed - I think Burton's reputation was exaggerated following his death, like say Hendrix, Cobain, Clapton etc. Would all these players be held in the same esteem if they were still alive?

Is Clapton dead Mr Gnomes?!
Unless he was recently died in a bizzare wrestling incident involving the great (but now dead) Giant Haystacks, I think not.

However I do think that dying is a great career move. Loads of people come out of the woodwork and say you were brilliant, and only the good things you have done are remembered.

I couldn't agree more! The sooner 'Limp Biscuit' die the better...

p.s. I reckon that Clapton died sometime in the 70's and his corpse has since been controlled by little 'numskulls' in his head.

Similar to the ones that control 'Steps'.

I wouldn't mind controlling the girls in Steps.....with my knob!

steve harris,Ian hill not for his playing but for his dedication

Steve DiGiorgio of SADUS/DEATH/TESTAMENT (Fretless player)

Geddy Lee of RUSH

I gave you 2..... One for a newer generation & one old-school master of the 4 string!!!!!