Favorite country for metal?

What is your favorite country for metal?

• Total voters

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
If you had to listen to metal from only one country, which would it be? The blackness of Norway? The melodic metal of Sweden and Finland? The original innovators and traditionals from England? The hardcore, hair, thrash and death of the U.S.? Or are you a metal patriot, devoted to the style of your homeland?

May the best country win! :kickass:

Note: obviously, there are more options than I can include in the poll, so I tried to list the most likely choices, along with a few "other" options based on continents.

edit: It would also be cool to hear which specific bands, scenes, or styles decide people's country of choice.

Along with Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Venom, Judas Priest, Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Bolt Thrower, Benediction, etc.

;)

CHINA?I just wanna know how many rock bands are well-know in my country,and how manny bands from China you know?(all styles music)
in fact,most of student who are like rock/metal all wanna know this thing(the good bands from our country),and most people just know some old bands from other countries or more old songs,like me...(it's so bad..)

1 & 2, either one, I like them equally.
France - the best for black metal, listen to numerous French bands :kickass:
Germany - awesome black metal, as well as industrial etc. Definitely listen to a lot of German bands.

3. Norway - classic Norwegian black metal scene, need I say more?
4. Sweden - like Swedish metal...minus melodic death metal.

UK - not particularily into any UK scenes but like a handful of bands like My Dying Bride, Cradle of Filth, Anaal Nathrakh..etc.\

Italy - early Theatres des Vampires (my favourite band!)

United States - regarding metal, I could care less really, I'm not really even fond of USBM. Regarding non-metal its probably my favorite (London After Midnight, Cinema Strange)

And of course many other countries have spawned some great bands as well...I have a very diverse taste for the most part. I check out lots of different bands from tons of different countries.

CHINA?I just wanna know how many rock bands are well-know in my country,and how manny bands from China you know?(all styles music)
in fact,most of student who are like rock/metal all wanna know this thing(the good bands from our country),and most people just know some old bands from other countries or more old songs,like me...(it's so bad..)

To be honest, I haven't listened to any Chinese rock/metal yet. I've just heard that there have been a number of rock scenes there, most of which seem to have died due to government crackdowns and censorship. Do you know if they have become more tolerant of rock music there recently?

Finland - Death metal (NOT melodic death metal)

Norway and Sweden - black metal

Poland, Russia, and Germany - folk metal, pagan metal, black metal, etc.

England - Iron Maiden, Sabbat

Be Persecuted, Original Sin, Hyonblud :kickass:

I voted USA based on the criteria in your post, assuming that we could only listen to bands from one country. I think the US probably has the most variety and diversity and representatives from more seperate genres than any other country. This would obviously leave out many amazing and essential bands, but if I had to chose...

Being an old thrasher the US has many essential thrash bands. Plus we have the Fla and NY death scenes. We have less black metal, and I can see that being a problem for some. But black metal has never been a huge focus for me.

Apart from having to choose one, I think my favorite non-US scenes over the years have been Germany (thrash), Canada (Death) and Poland (Death).

I am glad I don't have to choose.

呵呵~thanX for everyone~and I also like singging~but the most of rockers are man....now I just sing some punk music from Avril...
http://blog.fenbei.com/5894910
here have a few songs that I sing(these are old songs,I forgot them at a long time,because now I don't like this stly..) ,but the most songs are from the Comic,I wanna singging metal songs(use Chinese,my english is poor) with bands at future~

I honestly never understood what was so good about France. let's see.. Mütiilation? *scratches head*

I voted Sweden. Good at both death and black.