Favorite country for metal?

What is your favorite country for metal?

• Total voters
voted for usa but my number 1 can switch at any moment. just depends on what style of music i'm enamored with at the moment. my top 5 are usa, england, germany, sweden, and finland.

Difinately sweden...the best melodic death metal country in the whole universe!!!Hypocrisy and Peter Tagtgren beat any other bands or musicians.

呵呵~thanX for everyone~and I also like singging~but the most of rockers are man....now I just sing some punk music from Avril...
http://blog.fenbei.com/5894910
here have a few songs that I sing(these are old songs,I forgot them at a long time,because now I don't like this stly..) ,but the most songs are from the Comic,I wanna singging metal songs(use Chinese,my english is poor) with bands at future~

me,too,chinese.:kickass::headbang:

I'm not quite sure what I'd vote, obviously I have my love for Sweden and Finland, but at the same time I really do have my appreciations that lay over in Norway. I've also got my love of France, and the US has given many great bands as has the UK.

I don't really know, I'll go with Finland for the death metal greats it has given in Demigod, Adramelech, Demilich, Amorphis, Sentenced, Rippikoulu, and whatever others I'm forgetting.

Along with Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Venom, Judas Priest, Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Bolt Thrower, Benediction, etc.

;)

Godflesh...

Anyways, gonna have to go with Sweden, but it's a hard fucking choice. My decision would change depending on the day.

Yeah, but Burzum is. And Emporer. And Enslaved. And Gogoroth.

Don't get me wrong, Norway has a lot of great bands, but what Bathory did by himself (influentially speaking) is something every norwegian band combined couldn't do. This is coming form someone who likes Enslaved more thna Bahtory btw.

I think I'll go with Sweden. There's no denying the importance of the Norwegian Black Metal scene, but there have been many great black metal bands from Sweden (Bathory for one) and coupled the death metal released and the thriving current scene it makes it a somewhat easy pick.

i´d say england if it were the 70´s and early 80´s.for 90´s and 00 i´d say sweden,and not just because i am from sweden,there´s many great bands from many other countries as well

A few months ago I made a thread like this but I specified it for CURRENT metal output and not based on past decades. This poll is too vague in that it doesn't tell you that.

if it was current metal output i dont think the USA would be doin to good, what with all the constant metalcore shit over here.
took me a while but i picked norway cus most of the black metal i listen to is from there.