metal country stereotype...

I went through a KoRn, Slipknot, System Of A Down, and Marilyn Manson phase where those 4 bands were the only ones I would listen to. I stoped after a year and a half of listening though. Out of the 4 I liked marilyn manson the most because I was a fan of the "shock appeal" stuff. I no longer listen to him though even if he was my favorite of the 4.

Fyi to the person who said american metal sucks, you might want to check out an increasing popular band called Agalloch. They are really good.

I hate Marilyn Manson. He's such a fucking ripoff of Alice Cooper. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, and his music bites ass.

There's a lot of great American metal bands out there, but they're mostly pushed out of the way by the rising popularity of metalcore, who give a lot of people a false impression of the American metal scene. You know, assholes like As I Lay Dying, Trivium...all that bullshit.

No offense intended, but you seem to do an awful lot of "preaching to the choir," if you will.

ohiogrinder said:
I want to move to either Austrailia or Japan

yeah, pick australia. living in japan is enough to drive you crazy. ive been here for 2 years and im about to lose it

oh and japan copies whatever the states does. nu metal is still huge here.
~gR~

US = Thrash Metal
Norway = Black Metal
Sweden = Death Metal in various forms
UK = Heavy Metal
Finland = Folk Metal, Melodic * Metal
Germany = Industrial Metal, Folk Metal
France = Black Metal
Poland = Thrash/Death Metal, Death Metal
Ukraine, Bulgaria and Romania = Black Metal
Italy = Power Metal
Austria = Black Metal

Hanger 18 said:
US is the mother of Thrash

id say the US is the father, and we went on a crazy euro trip and knocked up germany, and left her hangin high and dry with the number for an abortion clinic and 50 bucks
~gR~

Blue_Jay said:
Fyi to the person who said american metal sucks, you might want to check out an increasing popular band called Agalloch. They are really good.

Yeah except they're barely Metal. And having just one good band still doesn't alleviate the fact that most American Metal is in fact inferior.

Authentic Metalhead said:
You know, I think I'm the only metalhead that never went through a phase in which Korn, Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne, etc. were my favorite bands. I always HATED that shit. Slipknot was as far as I went.
I never went though one of those phases. Probably because I am easily old enough to have started listening to real metal, and learn a lot about metal before nu metal even existed. I admit that I used to listen to glam back in the late 80s, and it can be said that glam was basically the nu metal of the time.

Sweden - Melodic death/death metal
Norway - Black metal
U.S. - Metalcore/nu-metal
Finland - Melodic death/doom metal
Brazil - Thrash
Germany - death metal