metal country stereotype...

Authentic Metalhead said:
I agree, their style seems to have gone down the drain in favor of more heaviness. Must be all the alcohol. :loco: I still liked AYDY, though.

I actually kinda like they're new style, Melodic Death Metal with alittle bit of Thrash, what do you people hate so bad about it? and the guitar solos and riffs our of the chart.

if by thrash you mean industrial [note I haven't actually heard it, but I'm willing to bet it's not thrash]

Krigloch-Official UM D&D Nerd said:
the riffs are shit. and the solos have been done before. nothing special... that and his voice is worse than ever.

Looks like we have different tastes buddy.

Anyway by all means they're not my fav band but i wont go as far as calling they're riffs "shit" at all.

I would say:

England - trad metal
Finland - death metal
Sweden - melodeath
Norway - black metal
Poland - black metal/death metal
France - black metal
Portugal - black metal
Holland - death metal
Germany - thrash/power metal
Italy - black metal/power metal
Greece - black metal
Brazil - thrash
USA - anything but black metal and power metal

I will usually equate Finland with funeral doom, even though they have quality bands in lots of genres.

Who does Russia have anyway? Black metal usually comes to mind when I think of Eastern Europe in general, and Rossomahaar is the only band that immediately comes to mind.

I'm not big on U.S. death metal. Death and Morbid Angel are about it for me.
They were good. But I also like Suffocation, Immolation, Arghoslent, Angel Corpse, Incantation, Infester, Monstrosity, Malevolent Creation, etc. I don't like all that modern US brutal death stuff, though.

I hate brutal death metal. Any band that places a higher priority on heaviness than melody and technical skill doesn't appeal to me.
I agree. I also hate it when bands place technicality above making agressive music that has flow and unity.

I hate brutal death metal. Any band that places a higher priority on heaviness than melody and technical skill doesn't appeal to me.

melody is gay. and technical skill is overrated.

US bands get entirely too much flak, especially BM bands. There's much more going on in terms of new ideas in the US right now than just about anyplace else, other than Ukraine. It doesn't seem like too many original albums are coming out of Norway anymore, at least not that I'm aware of.

the riffs are shit. and the solos have been done before. nothing special... that and his voice is worse than ever.

Ummm I actually like a fair ammount of unpopular albums. Stratovarius's Elements Part 1 I loved. I loved the later half of In Flames album Soundtrack To Your Escape but didn't like the first half (F(R)iend is by far my least favorite In Flames song while Dial 595 Escape is my favorite In Flames song). I loved AYDY. Any other albums that I could account for. Oh yes I liked St. Anger in my nu metal phase. No longer like it but I still feel the album was underrated even though it is the most known metal album in history.