Which country is home to the best metal/music?

Killbot said:
Don't get me wrong, I hate the French as much as the next person, but that doesn't stop them making damn fine black metal

Sure they do fine black metal.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Profainty said:
the French trying to compete with the Norweigan Black Metal scene.

Why?

Décadent said:
I don't agree. War metal is generally classified by that completely relentlessly aggressive style that Bestial Warlust helped create. There was a bit of thrash in Bestial Warlust, due to them being the next logical step of Corpse Molestation, but most modern war metal, particularly the Canadian scene, has very little thrash influence at all, and is mostly death infused war metal, which is characterised, as stated above, by its relentlesness.

You gave me two bands which were just aggressive black metal. How does this constitute your meaning?

thumb_bloodsport%20-%20ok%20usa%20-%20thumbs%20up.JPG

"O.K. U.S.A.!"

America wins:
Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Suffocation

Also:
Britian - Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead
Norway - Satyricon, Emperor

Killbot said:
Don't get me wrong, I hate the French as much as the next person, but that doesn't stop them making damn fine black metal

Not as good as N.W.A.s express yourself though, eh? :lol:

Thyrfing, Embraced, Skyfire, Naglfar, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy (old), In Flames (old), Dismember, Bloodbath, Grave, At The Gates, Ablaze my Sorrow, Amon Amarth, Beseech, Tiamat, Dimension Zero, Carnal Forge, Dark Funeral, Diabolical Masquerade, Dissection, Ebony Tears, Entombed, Opeth, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, Meshuggah, Katatonia, Godgory, Pandemonium, Satanic Slaughter, The Forsaken, The Haunted, Within Y.

These are all among my favorite bands, Swedish and all fantastic. Everyone should be able to find at least five bands in the list who they'd love.

1. Sweden.
2. The rest.

I'd say it was the UK back in the 80's, but now I'm not so sure. There are a lot of new bands all over the place and we just have to wait and see which ones make it!!!!!

Finland for sure....

some examples:
Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Sentenced, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Lordi, Amorphis, Lullacry, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Norther, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, To/Die/For, Moonsorrow, kalmah, Sinergy, Tarot, Virtuocity, Impaled Nazarene, Poisonblack, Swallow the Sun

need I say more?

Entropiastrife said:
Finland for sure....

some examples:
Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Sentenced, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Lordi, Amorphis, Lullacry, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Norther, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, To/Die/For, Moonsorrow, kalmah, Sinergy, Tarot, Virtuocity, Impaled Nazarene, Poisonblack, Swallow the Sun

need I say more?

Yeah, Turisas.

1. Sweden (Opeth, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Bloodbath...)
2. Finland (Shining, Red Harvest, Krieg...)
3. USA (Shah, Aria, MACTEP, Scald...)

cookiecutter said:
Even though my favorite band Hypocrisy is Swedish, and I love Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Vader, and Behemoth, I have to say USA because I love Death Metal. We made it first and we make it the best. :kickass::kickass:

I disapprove of your new avatar. I advise you reconsider my suggestion.

hypabduct.jpg