Which is the most metal country in the world?

Hard question!

I think that Sweden tops the "most metal bands" if you see to that we are UNDER 9 million persons here up north. :)
BUT! I do think that Germany have more metalheads though!
It depends on how you see it I think!

I vote for Sweden if you counting the percentage of metal in the country. :headbang:

Lets put it this.
I live in us, on the corner of Pennslyvania in
a shit-hole called Greene county.
Out of the millions of people that live here, only five do I know of that listen metal.
I estimate 1 out of every 35 people in greene county listen to metal. That's a very sad statistic.

Just for the hell of it I'm gonna say NORWAY.
I'm metal enough for about 20000 Norwegians. The reason why
the local metal shop is still running (yeah, they told me so), and
the reason why I'm goddamn broke now!! But I do have some
beer, though!
Cheers!!!

What is all this bagging on USA? In my opinion, nowhere in the world can match brutal death or thrash metal with the United States' versions. Then you go on & try to say "Any country that produces N*Sync is not metal" yet you post Sweden as a very metal country. Are you aware the amount of pop-shit that comes out of Sweden?

Don't take USA for granted. If it wasn't for Slayer, almost all of the heavier metal bands you listen to from any country would not exist.

But, for note, the country that produces more of the metal I listen to would be Sweden.

Orias, the US has spawned some great metal bands. But recently, the number of good metal bands coming out of the US as compared to the number of good metal bands coming out of, say, Sweden, is ridiculous. The US has what, 100,000 times the population of Sweden? And, yet, it produces about 100 times as many good metal bands.

Half of my favourite bands are from Scandinavia but I wouldn't say that any country up there is a "mecca" for metalheads. Bands like Opeth and Katatonia, for example, don't seem to play that many gigs up there. I travelled to Sweden a few weeks ago. I've been to three record stores in Gothenburg and saw neither Opeth nor Katatonia releases. I went into a guitar store and asked if they knew a good place to buy metal CDs, but they didn't have a clue. What the fuck?!? :confused:

On the other hand, Mexico seems to have a really big Goth Rock/Metal scene. Bands that are pretty much underground in Europe play in front of 2000 or more people over there (Lacuna Coil, for example).

Live and learn...

If you mean the first, then I would say Germany or Sweden. But if you mean the second..... then (he,he) I would definitely say Greece, Japan and eventually Italy, Spain and Portugal (the South in general)

Originally posted by Twice Forgotten
i was just in sweden for a year ...
in a little place called Vàsterås (1 hr 20 min car drive from Stockholm )

and i was shocked at how many people liked metal !!!! I LOVED IT !!!!

compared to australia .. you say metal ... they say FREAK !!! and then run away !

so i think ill vote for sweden ( northen parts )
:p

Västerås is hardly the north of Sweden and I never knew there where many metal fans there. The record stores have pathetic metal selections.