Scandinavian Language

the question is really - what is a language and what is a dialect? Norwegian, Swedish and Danish could easily be classed as one language, but because we have different ways of spelling the same words and because we are different countries, the dialect/languages are defined as different languages.
Someone has been smoking Fredrik Lindström's cock. ;)

First, a lot of Scottish and Irish (Celtic) peoples did immigrate to the U.S. (obviously). Some of my ancestors came from Virginia to Kentucky, then finally to Southern Ohio. In Tennessee they sing Irish folk songs so old they have died out in Ireland itself. Second, I merely used Scottish as an example of a foreign English accent; I could have chosen others. I was only trying to illustrate that I struggle to understand native English speaking peoples with foreign accents sometimes, especially if they talk fast, which caused my amazement at the ability of Scandinavian peoples to understand each other's languages without having studied them (although, I suppose they do study them). During my family's one trip to Scotland, we understood everyone who regularly dealt with American tourists, but when my Dad ventured into a bar for some local flavor, they talked so quickly as to make it difficult (it could have been their slurred speech as well). Interestingly, they were watching the original Star Trek and talking about the Americans' awful accents.

I've got a question for any European (Scandinavian) especially metal fans. Is there a common language used throughout Sweden, Norway, Finland, etc? Or does each country have a separate language? I'm trying to learn the most common language of that area, but I need to know what it is!

You must be an american.

Vivören;7018876 said:
Someone has been smoking Fredrik Lindström's cock. ;)

Haha Fredrik Lindström,he claims to know it all,yet in the Norrland episode he seemed to believe that we only had one dialect.

Vivören;7023489 said:
Wouldn't Scottish be a British accent, not English?

"British accent" means fuck all to me. English and Scottish are way too different to be put in one raw. You'll only hear americans saying "British accent".