Which country is home to the best metal/music?

Turbo said:
No, if you count Finland its 4.

Scandinavia is only Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

From encyclopedia.com...

Scandinavia SCANDINAVIA [Scandinavia] , region of N Europe. It consists of the kingdoms of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark; Finland and Iceland are usually considered part of Scandinavia. Physiographically, Denmark belongs to the North European Plain rather than to the geologically distinct Scandinavian peninsula

Researching several sources I have found that while there is a debate it is generally accepted , even in some official documents, that Finland is part of Scandinavia.

Turbo said:
Was that meant to contradict what I said. I double checked with my Norweigan friend about this lol. Yes Finland and Iceland are usually associated with Scandinavia, but they are not officially in it. :)

that is exactly what I said. It is generally accepted (meaning that nobody complains if they say it is), that those countries fall under the heading Scandinavia.

My personal definition of Scandinavia is the group of countries most heavily associated with the Vikings (by that definition you could argue Greenland as part of Scandinavia. Politically that's correct because it is owned by Denmark. Geographically not so much).

Zephyrus said:
My personal definition of Scandinavia is the group of countries most heavily associated with the Vikings (by that definition you could argue Greenland as part of Scandinavia. Politically that's correct because it is owned by Denmark. Geographically not so much).

They reckon when the Vikings were fucking over the UK, Gaul (France), Germany, that they were also had settlements in Iceland, and also made it as far as Greenland (hence being run by Denmark), they think that the Vikings discovered America before Christopher Colombus did in 1492. Anyway, im not going to bore you any further :lol:

You can check that against an Encyclopedia as well if you want :p

Hell, I found a book that showed evidence that Vikings fucking made it to South America as well.

it sure wouldnt be sweden. there are 3 good bands from sweden and they are meshuggah, bathory, and candlemass. if any place that should be the official home of metal for scandinavia its norway.
NORWAY>sweden
when it comes to metal

im gonna go with United states cause here we got: Slayer, Pantera, Death, Possessed, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Ministry, Fear Factory, Morbid Angel, Overkill, Megadeth, Hallows Eve, S.O.D., White Zombie, Anthrax, Mastodon, Dark Angel, Exodus, etc.
Although U.S. has its flaws. We don't have that much black metal here. Norway is the home of black metal.

Top 3

1 USA
2 ENGLAND
3 NORWAY

Three good bands. Hah.

Abruptum, Abstrakt Algebra, Anata, Bewitched, Crypt of Kerberos, Dan Swanö, Diabolical Masquerade, Dismember, Dissection, Dream Evil, Edge of Sanity, Entombed, Eucharist, Evergrey, Falconer, Fimbultyr, Gjállarhôrn, God Macabre, Grave, Katatonia, Mithotyn, Otyg. Pain of Salvation, Pan.Thy.Monium, Paganizer, Ribspreader, Unanimated, etc.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Hell, I found a book that showed evidence that Vikings fucking made it to South America as well.

i've read of (no bullshit) theories that the ancient egyptians got there way before the vikings could have.

Al Bundy said:
all those bands you listed are boring and trendy. i hate the swedish melodic metal scene.
boring and trendy :lol:
says the guy who likes white zombie, pantera, meshuggah, and fear factory.
Fix your last post, you forgot korn.

audiophileguy said:
boring and trendy :lol:
says the guy who likes white zombie, pantera, meshuggah, and fear factory.
Fix your last post, you forgot korn.

none of those have nothing to do with nu metal you dumbass. korn eats balls just like you so shut up and learn your facts before you post. i unlike most of you have an opinion and im not being force fed shitty and trendy bands like opeth and trivium or whatever they play on headbangers ball. i find bands that i like and it wont find em on mtv like most of you do.
death to melodeath.

Al Bundy said:
none of those have nothing to do with nu metal you dumbass. korn eats balls just like you so shut up and learn your facts before you post. i unlike most of you have an opinion and im not being force fed shitty and trendy bands like opeth and trivium or whatever they play on headbangers ball. i find bands that i like and it wont find em on mtv like most of you do.
death to melodeath.

Slayer, Pantera,Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Fear Factory, White Zombie, Mastodon

Ironic, isn't it?

In terms of consistantly great bands, Ireland. But their scene is not that big. So I'll go with Germany, because they have some of the best bands in pretty much EVERY genre of metal.