Which country makes the best Metal?

USA, Sweeden, UK, Finland, Germany, Norway ... the rest.

so many ppl who have posted here seem to have lost sight of the fact that it doesnt make a shits difference where a band is from. anyone who writes bands off based on location is truly and idiot.

great bands will come from nearly every corner of the globe.

Sweden is a nice country to live in, but musically we're worthless. Yes, worthless. Swedish bands tend to be competent, skillful, and utterly boring. "Melodic death metal" is probably the most swedish music you can imagine: nice and safe and not too brutal, not too fast, not too slow, not too much of anything, and for fucks sake DO SOMETHING INTERESTING!!!!

Maybe it's because I live in Sweden I just can't stand "swedishness" in metal. USA - and then UK, Norway, Brazil, Germany, Austria - much better. And Canada, for some reason. I thought Canadians were as boring as Swedes, but since they have Cryptopsy when we have In Flames, I was clearly wrong.

I would also like to apologize to the world for ABBA. We still deserve a good bombing for that, I think.

Sweden has had some very good bands. Therion, Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Bathory, Sacramentum, At the Gates, Necrophobic, etc.

Cryptopsy are just as shitty as In Flames.

As a death metal fan I would side with the United States, although Europe has some great bands to offer including Miasma, Demilich, and Demigod. The US provides Immolation, Suffocation, The Chasm, and Arghoslent, not to mention the American bands from the great Razorback Records.

Skimmertunn said:
Sweden is a nice country to live in, but musically we're worthless. Yes, worthless. Swedish bands tend to be competent, skillful, and utterly boring. "Melodic death metal" is probably the most swedish music you can imagine: nice and safe and not too brutal, not too fast, not too slow, not too much of anything, and for fucks sake DO SOMETHING INTERESTING!!!!

Maybe it's because I live in Sweden I just can't stand "swedishness" in metal. USA - and then UK, Norway, Brazil, Germany, Austria - much better. And Canada, for some reason. I thought Canadians were as boring as Swedes, but since they have Cryptopsy when we have In Flames, I was clearly wrong.

I would also like to apologize to the world for ABBA. We still deserve a good bombing for that, I think.
:headbang:

Did some of you mention Canada? I haven't watched the entire thread. But anyway, we should give them credits for originality. A lot of original and great bands came from there:
Strapping Young Lad
Cryptopsy
Blinded By Faith
Martyr
Quo Vadis
Kataclysm ( well, not reallly original, but still good )
etc... I know I forget a lot of bands. But I don't have a lot of time.

But other countries have a lot of good bands. US comes to my mind first. I would say that they WERE the best some years ago but now, I don't remember any new good bands coming from there. I don't know which country would be the best metal producer.

I changed my mind. Germany.

death metal: Fleshcrawl, Obscenity, Profanity, Atrocity, Morgoth, Disbelief, Disillusion, Spawn, etc.

black metal: Moonblood, Nachtfalke, Nagelfar, Nachtmahr, Nargaroth, Katharsis, etc.

power metal: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Grave Digger, Gamma Ray, Iron Saviour, Primal Fear, etc.

thrash: Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Dew Scented, Assassin, Final Breath, etc.

Cryptopsy is better that In Flames. I must admit that I like Lunar Strain/Subterranian a lot (though it's not death metal, and shouldn't be listened to as such), but the last three In Flames CDs were inexusably horrible. The last two Cryptopsy CDs sound very disjointed and random, but the music still displays shitloads of talent, and it is definitley still death metal.

Talent in what sense? Technical proficiency, sure, but I don't look for that in my music. I'll withdraw the 'Cryptopsy are as shitty as In Flames' statement possibly, but I still listen to them both about as much as each other. Not at all.

Yeah, technical proficiency is where their talent lies. Their songs certainly don't flow well at all, and sound very disjointed, like someone just threw a bunch of random technical, unmelodic riffs together.

Their shitty random tempo changes, that do nothing except show off their technical ability, annoy me very much. Cryptopsy are structurally crap.