Vote Best Metal Country

Best CURRENT Metal Country

• Total voters
The poll will result in people voting for their country of birth.

Despite this, I believe Sudan has the best Metal scene in the world.

I got scared for a sec this was a vote for best metal-country bands (i.e. the genre "country")... God forbid that should ever happen :S

MY first instinct is to pick some scandanavian country, because most of my favorite bands happen tp be from there. But Poland, man. Not only am I proud to have my last name end in -ski, but that country is home to some great fucking death and black metal. Since we can vote for more than one, I could technically vote for all of these. But that would be sort of pointless, so I'm going to give it to Norway and Sweden.

Well, according to reportage on metal-archives.com (and 2007 US Census Bureau population data) the top 5 countries ranked by metal bands per capita are...
1. Finland
2. Sweden
3. Norway
(Faroe Islands)
4. Estonia
5. Denmark

I voted Germany. I'm quite fond of their black metal scene in particular, it is my favourite for black metal. However, I do like France just as much.

Of the choices given, here are my top 5:
1. Germany
2. France
3. Norway
4. Sweden
5. United Kingdom

Germany - For Power Metal and some Thrash (Kreator, Sodom). And a good 50% of the bands I like are from this place.
Sweden - Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Melodeath.
Finland - Typical 'Happy' Keyboard Driven Power Metal, but OK in my eyes.
Norway - Been getting into some Black Metal, but I love their Prog scene more; Green Carnation, Communic, Spiral Architect, etc.
America - Prog Power, and of course, Thrash.