Vote Best Metal Country

Best CURRENT Metal Country

• Total voters
America, by a mile-and-a-half. I'm not even from the states. Norway and the north may be exporting some of the finest extreme metal, but it's all about diversity. Europe has little of that. Over here, you can find quality power metal, death metal, traditional metal, doom metal, and even some good black metal, along with just about every other type. I'm probably going to have a thousand people bitching at me for even thinking that, but the states is the only country that exports every single type of metal. UK being the only exception, no other country can do that.

Life Sucks said:
They sure ain't doom metal. I guess the guitars are trad metal, and the vocals are power metal.

They're Epic Heavy/Doom Metal. The vocals are about as Power Metal as Rob Lowe.

like Authentic said, America has a huge advantage when it comes to population.

USA = nearly 300 million
Norway (4 million), Finland (5 million), Sweden (9 million)
Canada (32,5 million), the province of Québec has like 7,5 million
France (60 million)
Germany (83 million)
England (58 million)

hm yea...

AlphaTemplar said:
There's no way that Uzbekistan is better than Equatorial Guinea.

Hardly. Brunei,Bangladesh, Mozambique, Botswana and Bahrain own both by a mile
Here's a wonderful informative review of a demo from Brunei's best(and only?)
BM band:
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=16500

But seriously, it would be really awesome to discover a truly worthwhile band hailing from some obscure exotic country in the Pacific Ocean, like Vanuatu, for instance

On topic:Norway or Germany-tough choice

Ok, I'm resurrecting this thread for two reasons.

1) There's a fresh set of regulars here, so their opinions should be counted.
2) This thread generated, and can still generate some good discussion amongst the stagnation and bullshit that's plagued the forum in recent weeks.

That said, I stand by Poland and Norway as the current kings of metal geography.

For posters new to this thread: VOTE BASED ON THE CURRENT MUSICAL SCENE, NOT BASED ON THE MERITS OF 20 YEARS AGO.