Vote Best Metal Country

Best CURRENT Metal Country

• Total voters
Danallica said:
Australia rules all dont ya know :headbang:

too many cunts say Norways is teh tr00 and kvlt black metal scene

:headbang:

Aussies > you all!

End of this year is a good time to be a metalhead in australia. So many fucking bands! (yeah yeah, international bands... but supported by our equally as awesome local acts :Smug:)

Crapples said:
:headbang:

Aussies > you all!

End of this year is a good time to be a metalhead in australia. So many fucking bands! (yeah yeah, international bands... but supported by our equally as awesome local acts :Smug:)

:kickass: Aussie metal doesnt nearly get enough credit on a global stage

I voted for the Uk, Norway and Brazil. The UK has some amazing bands from a variety of backgrounds, whilst I could name a lot of bands that I really like from Norway. Also, Brazil is basically a breeding ground for decent Doom. I would have voted for France but I thought 4 was getting ridiculous.

Hungary by far. And France (edit: Fuck, I didn't notice that it was a multiple choice poll and forgot to vote France).

Danallica said:
:kickass: Aussie metal doesnt nearly get enough credit on a global stage

It got a scene report from Terrorizer last month. Included was the somewhat telling quote "Given that Australian bands, due to the vast distances involved, know they have very little chance of commercial success, it leads to a much purer scene".

That was a mangled version of the quote, as Im too lazy to walk two rooms down to fetch the mag, but that was the gist. Except for Psycroptic who have moved to Holland - but they suck anyway...

I'm torn between sweden and finland death metal. Both are the genre's highlights regardless.

One country that should have been included, but wasn't is ITALY. They have great bands in every genre:

Mortuary Drape (black metal)
Funeral Oration (black metal)
Fearbringer (black metal)
Grimness (black metal)
Forgotten Tomb (doom metal)
Void of Silence (doom metal)
Gory Blister (death metal)
Coram Lethe (death metal)
Hour of Penance (death metal)
Natron (death metal)
Necrodeath (thrash)
Schizo (thrash)
Hatework (thrash)

and plenty of power metal, but I'm not into that.