What are the Black, Thrash, Power, Death Metal Capitals

I'm not familiar with much of their material, but I like what I've heard from Armored Saint, and of course there's old Metallica, bit LA Based bands.

But, yeah, for the most part it seems like a lot of shit comes from LA.

Wow, you don't like Suffo anymore? I think Suffo influenced shitty Unique Leader California death as much, if not more, than Texas death. Suffocation are GREAT, but for some reason most Suffo clones suck, which is kinda odd.

Suffocation bore me into tears now and sound really generic dull and not interesting. I remember losing interest in DM for a bit and when I started posting here again for a second time started hearing DM that really impressed me again.

Another thing is Suffocations cd after pierced from within are just really generic. Basically Suffocation sound like a less conventional slayer with chug riffs and bore me, the band is way to sterile and ridged musically and production wise. Suffocation was cool when I first got into death metal but they are just not up to par with a lot of death metal around the sametime imo. I give them more credit than the crappy bands influenced by them.

Nothing comes close to competing with the early 90's Norwegian scene for the black metal crown, except maybe the Greek scene (Varathron, Rotting christ, Necromantia). How does the French scene even compare with these? A few very good albums from Antaeus, Mütiilation, etc. but i wouldn't consider these bands the cream of the crop. I don't think there should be any argument that the Norwegians did it the best.

The French scene has so many more than those two bands you mentioned, it has Belenos, Mystic Forest, Deathspell Omega, Merrimack, Epheles, Griffar, Blut Aus Nord, Alcest, Osculum Infame, Peste Noire, Children of Maani, etc. It is certainly the best scene in recent years, and as far as I'm concerned overall.

Suffocation bore me into tears now and sound really generic dull and not interesting. I remember losing interest in DM for a bit and when I started posting here again for a second time started hearing DM that really impressed me again.

Another thing is Suffocations cd after pierced from within are just really generic. Basically Suffocation sound like a less conventional slayer with chug riffs and bore me, the band is way to sterile and ridged musically and production wise. Suffocation was cool when I first got into death metal but they are just not up to par with a lot of death metal around the sametime imo. I give them more credit than the crappy bands influenced by them.
Pierced from Within sounds generic because of the countless attempts of other bands to (unsuccessfully) duplicate it. But at the time, there was nothing quite like it. Suffocation were the first to do that. I really like Suffo's first three full lengths, but the rest is take or leave IMO.

Pierced from Within sounds generic because of the countless attempts of other bands to (unsuccessfully) duplicate it. But at the time, there was nothing quite like it. Suffocation were the first to do that. I really like Suffo's first three full lengths, but the rest is take or leave IMO.
Suffocation took me some getting used to because I was so used to Floridiam type DM when I first heard it had to sink in. I've grown to like Suffocation but I basically have to be in a mood for it to play it unlike something like Morbid Angel which I'm always in the mood for. I don't know if the technicalness got to me or what, I like the vocals, and as soon as I heard Nile I loved that and that's technical.

Memorable melody lines? Riffs? I dunno. Basically I'm with Carcassian and the Greys on this Suffocation business. Never really cared for them :shrug:

The tech death scene in Canada is kind of becoming tech deathcore stuff, esp. with the new Beneath The Massacre being released on Prosthetic Records. Not complaining though; I like that style!