Italian Metal

man i love italian food

i also love adramelch, i know i already mentioned them but holy shit irae melanox is so fucking good, i'm 100% sure that certain people on this board would love it

That's true.

When was this? Maybe a few years ago in Naples when the Camorra got out of hand, but that was just for a few weeks or so, wasn't it? And it was Carabinieri and not the Army, right?

As far as the corruption goes, there is a lot of corruption in the government but I wouldn't say less than in the US...it's just not hidden here because Italians don't care about their government as much as Americans do, in the sense that they have no pride in it. For this reason, I believe that's why the government gets away with half the shit they do. Italians need to hold their politicians accountable for their actions, and they don't do it and the politicians know this. If the American government did the shit they do here, Americans would storm the White House and firebomb Capitol Hill. Italians are a peaceful people, though, and would rather talk about cellphones, Italian food, the latest D&G fashions and the lastest release by Vasco Rossi or Ligabue instead of getting involved.

Then we have the know-it-alls here like Pino Scotto, who is a fucking middle-aged douchebag nobody, yet thinks he's on the same level as Robert Plant and of course has all the answers to all the problems in Italy.

On a different note, the social system here, even with all its flaws, is still much better than in the US. University is practically free, medical care is available and costs nearly nothing, public transit is much better in the bigger cities, and working contracts protect the worker much better.

Like I said, it has its ups and downs, but the ups outweigh the downs.

I have really enjoyed Heart of Sun's debut CD, I am interested in hearing more stuff from them.

I also enjoy Elvenking and Labyrinth.

what about Fleshgod Apocalypse ? it's an italian band coming from Perugia/Roma. They kick asses and will release their first cd on Neurotic Records.

Ps. Pino Scotto is an ass-hole