Idea for a metal reality show

vgmaster9

Jun 30, 2012
It would be a talent show like The Voice, American Idol, The X Factor, but instead of pop musicians getting a record deal, it would be about metal bands getting a record deal.

Bands of any metal genre are welcome in the show, except glam metal, alternative metal, nu metal, metalcore, and deathcore. Accepted genres for the show would include heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, doom metal, progressive metal, power metal, gothic metal, folk metal, industrial metal, and all of their subgenres and derivatives.

The show's structure would be similar to the other talent shows I mentioned, first auditions, then judging rounds, then the finalists. The judges of the show would be Phil Anselmo, Angela Gossow, and Dave Lombardo. During the auditions, following USA, they would travel to countries like UK, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Norway, etc. The winning band would be signed to one of the following labels: Nuclear Blast, Century Media, Metal Blade.

ICE CUBE DA BITCH KILLA TALK SHIT GET YA ASS READY FO DA LYNCHIN'. FUCK YOU ICE CUBE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK BOUT DISSING ALL DEEZ FOO'S.

Too bad Phil Anselmo and Angela Gossow know nothing about good metal.

Why's that? Phil Anselmo is a huge fan of black metal, and iirc he listed To Mega Therion as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Phil actually has pretty solid tastes in metal. He helped Bobby Liebling get off crack, heroin, and whatever else that zombie was on back in the mid 2000s. He's performed live with Saint Vitus and Morbid Angel and who the fuck knows what else. Phil's a fucktard with a cool taste in tunes. I'd probably get drunk with him so long as he doesn't kick my ass when I mention that Pantera and Down suck.

And this is a fucking dumb idea.

Down fucking rules, fuck you all.

No. Down is terrible. I really wish Pepper Keenan would leave and go back to Corrosion of Conformity.

I would say that the judges would have to consist of one person from each instrumental position (so, vox/bass/guitar/drums and possibly keyboards)

Vox: Halford
Bass: Alex Webster
Guitar: Dave Mustaine
Drums: Derek Roddy

No. Down is terrible. I really wish Pepper Keenan would leave and go back to Corrosion of Conformity.

I would say that the judges would have to consist of one person from each instrumental position (so, vox/bass/guitar/drums and possibly keyboards)

Vox: Halford
Bass: Alex Webster
Guitar: Dave Mustaine
Drums: Derek Roddy

Why are you so wrong?

Phil actually has pretty solid tastes in metal. He helped Bobby Liebling get off crack, heroin, and whatever else that zombie was on back in the mid 2000s. He's performed live with Saint Vitus and Morbid Angel and who the fuck knows what else. Phil's a fucktard with a cool taste in tunes. I'd probably get drunk with him so long as he doesn't kick my ass when I mention that Pantera and Down suck.

And this is a fucking dumb idea.

Just make sure you address him like a white man.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/trivett-wingos-insane-phil-anselmo-story/