metal country stereotype...

LivingCadaver

Cause à effet.
Apr 27, 2006
Montréal, Qc, Canada
What would be the main genre you associate to every metal country?

I'd say:

US = death
Norway = black
Sweden = melodic death
France = black
England = heavy
Germany = thrash
Canada = tech death
Australia = grindcore
Netherland = goregrind
Russia = death
Japan = crazy grind/death/thrash/power violence... whatever

Any other country classification or any disagrement?

discuss.

death metal is too broad for the US to claim as its own. honestly id say thrash finds it home in the US. while germany has some great thrash bands, america started it and perfected it. germany does, however, have a huge power metal scene. id give germany power metal in place of thrash
~gR~

genocide roach said:
death metal is too broad for the US to claim as its own. honestly id say thrash finds it home in the US. while germany has some great thrash bands, america started it and perfected it. germany does, however, have a huge power metal scene. id give germany power metal in place of thrash
~gR~

Agreed. Power metal has its roots in Germany with Helloween, and other major bands like Blind Guardian, Brainstorm, Iron Savior all call it home.

Krigloch-Official UM D&D Nerd said:
when I think of US metal. I think of metal/core and wanna be gothenburg bands. :puke:

...and shitty nu-school death metal.

The US has an abundance of quality bands in all genres, really. I don't find that any particularly dominate.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Is it just me, or is the level of quality and effort being put into these new bands lower than it used to be? :erk:

I could say the same about Children Of Bodom...

Canada imo isnt really associated with a certain genre of metal, sure we have bands liek SYL, but for the vast majority there are tons who have been seduced by the metalcore of america.

Is it just me, or is the level of quality and effort being put into these new bands lower than it used to be? :erk:

You mentioned this before and i don't agree. The reason the ratio of good to bad bands seems to be higher in older music is because the bands that aren't very good are soon forgotten, whereas in newer music they're all still active and making music. There are plenty of good modern bands in all genres if you look around.

A lot of the bands seem like wiggers or the type of people that wear shorts always. I think that's why they don't make good death metal!!!. ha