What are the Black, Thrash, Power, Death Metal Capitals

You can't just limit yourself to old school death metal because you don't like newer death metal. Influence is influence whether you like it or not. Obviously Death and Morbid Angel were influential, but you can't deny Suffocation and other's influence because you don't like the product.

I am not denying their influence but they are not the biggest infleunce on death metal nor is the NY scene. You come off so clueless and ignorant regarding death metal and metal in general. You are one of the few posters that does not really know anything at all regarding metal music.

I am not denying their influence but they are not the biggest infleunce on death metal nor is the NY scene. You come off so clueless and ignorant regarding death metal and metal in general. You are one of the few posters that does not really know anything at all regarding metal music.

I'd say that Suffocation are one of the most influential DM bands, I mean look at the huge explosion of BDM. Like them or not you can't deny that the entire BDM style is majorly influenced by them and that BDM is huge about now.

Reactions: cookiecutter
Greys, you're retarded a lot of the time. "Influential" means "important." Do you not understand that Suffocation were a GIGANTICALLY HUGELY RIDICULOUSLY seminal band? Cookiecutter is actually very right, and he DOES know about death metal; granted, you probably know more about Swedish and Finnish early death metal, but you are completely ignorant of brutal death metal, so you're basically worthless considering I probably know slightly less than you in terms of Scandi death metal but I know more than CC in terms of BDM, and you don't see me polarizing my tastes. Seriously, what are you talking about?

Reactions: cookiecutter
Greys, you're retarded a lot of the time. "Influential" means "important." Do you not understand that Suffocation were a GIGANTICALLY HUGELY RIDICULOUSLY seminal band? Cookiecutter is actually very right, and he DOES know about death metal; granted, you probably know more about Swedish and Finnish early death metal, but you are completely ignorant of brutal death metal, so you're basically worthless considering I probably know slightly less than you in terms of Scandi death metal but I know more than CC in terms of BDM, and you don't see me polarizing my tastes. Seriously, what are you talking about?

When brutal death metal is taken serious with other metal genres than maybe I will re-think Suffocations influence. I don't want to know much about the style because the musicians are garbage. OMG Suffocation influenced late 90's Texas bands!

When brutal death metal is taken serious with other metal genres than maybe I will re-think Suffocations influence. I don't want to know much about the style because the musicians are garbage. OMG Suffocation influenced late 90's Texas bands!

Just because you dislike it doesn't take away from the influence of Suffocation NOR does it mean that it isn't taken seriously. You have to be a serious idiot to think that your opinion on something takes away from a bands INFLUENCE.

Musicians are garbage? Suffocation is one of the more technical death bands, it takes dedication as a musician to learn to play that.

Wow, you don't like Suffo anymore? I think Suffo influenced shitty Unique Leader California death as much, if not more, than Texas death. Suffocation are GREAT, but for some reason most Suffo clones suck, which is kinda odd.

Nothing comes close to competing with the early 90's Norwegian scene for the black metal crown, except maybe the Greek scene (Varathron, Rotting christ, Necromantia). How does the French scene even compare with these? A few very good albums from Antaeus, Mütiilation, etc. but i wouldn't consider these bands the cream of the crop. I don't think there should be any argument that the Norwegians did it the best.