What are the Black, Thrash, Power, Death Metal Capitals

Black = Norway
Thrash = California/Germany
Power = Britain?
Death = Florida/Sweden

I like how you arbitrarily waver between countries and states. Haha.

I'm not big on black metal but isn't it generally agreed upon that (for classics anyhow) Sweden is better? Case in point: Bathory.

:erk:

Edit:What the hell I bolded out the "all the bands that copy the style" part
I said that to point out the incredible influence that NYDM had over the death metal scene. I feel it is a valid point.

Classic releases also: Florida

Morbid Angel: altars of madness,blessed are the sick,covenant
Monstrocity: imperial doom
Death: scream bloody gore,leprosy,spiritual healing
Brutality: when the sky turns black,screams of anguish
Athiest: piece of time,unquestionable presence
Obituary-cause of Death
Massacre-from beyond
Deicide: s/t,Legion
Resurrection: Embalmed Existence

I would say death metal originates from california(possessed,autopsy) and florida(death,morbid angel,etc..

How you can begin to compare to NY scene with the florida scene let alone sweden scene is beyond me. Stop being a noob. The NYC is the least significant scene is pretty crappy.
I'm not going to disparage those albums/bands but I just feel that NYDM is better. I don't think there's much more to say.

MITHRAS IS A FINNISH ANAGRAM FOR "FELLATES FOR FUN AND PROFIT"

"Mithras was the central god of Mithraism, a syncretic Hellenistic mystery religion of male initiates that developed in the Eastern Mediterranean in the 2nd and 1st centuries BC and was practiced in the Roman Empire from the 1st century BC to the 5th century AD. Parthian coins and documents bear a double date with a 64 year interval that represents Mithras' ascension to heaven, traditionally given as the equivalent of 208 BC, 64 years after his birth. The Romanized Greek Plutarch says that in 67 BC a large band of pirates in Cilicia — on the southeast coast of Anatolia — were practicing "secret rites" of Mithras."

I''m curious how either Florida or New York Death metal is better than the scene in Sweden. Over in Sweden, they have many more bands like...at the gates, in flames, arch enemy, bathory, soilwork, dismember...need I go on???

sorry but only one of those bands you listed is death metal...

"Mithras was the central god of Mithraism, a syncretic Hellenistic mystery religion of male initiates that developed in the Eastern Mediterranean in the 2nd and 1st centuries BC and was practiced in the Roman Empire from the 1st century BC to the 5th century AD. Parthian coins and documents bear a double date with a 64 year interval that represents Mithras' ascension to heaven, traditionally given as the equivalent of 208 BC, 64 years after his birth. The Romanized Greek Plutarch says that in 67 BC a large band of pirates in Cilicia — on the southeast coast of Anatolia — were practicing "secret rites" of Mithras."

Good job you told him that, 'cause I'm pretty sure he was being serious and not just trying to express his dislike of the band Mithras.

I said that to point out the incredible influence that NYDM had over the death metal scene. I feel it is a valid point.

I'm not going to disparage those albums/bands but I just feel that NYDM is better. I don't think there's much more to say.

You are entitled to your opinion. Honestly NYDM influenced nothing but shitty newer brutal death metal bands from texas and cali and I am pretty sure this is seperated from the death metal genre because a lot of people don't think it has much in commen with real death metal and it does not really have much merit in death metal and general metal. Florida and swedish death metal infleunced the world and years to come where NY is mainly crappy brutal death metal bands no one gives a shit about.

On a side point. Immolation was around way before suffocation and I think they actually have a unique original style and have nothing in commen with newer bands of the scene like suffocation,internal bleeding,baphomet,morpheus descends. Immolation are the fathers of NY, not suffocation. Immolation are ten times the band and innovators. Incantation is not originally from NY, but are ten times better than suffocation. Suffocation are nothing more than an inflluence on crappy musicians that want to be BRUTAL.

florida is definitly more of a death metal capital than new york
cc, deicide, death, morbid angel.
4 of the biggest death metal bands were from florida

You are entitled to your opinion. Honestly NYDM influenced nothing but shitty newer brutal death metal bands from texas and cali and I am pretty sure this is seperated from the death metal genre because a lot of people don't think it has much in commen with real death metal and it does not really have much merit in death metal and general metal. Florida and swedish death metal infleunced the world and years to come where NY is mainly crappy brutal death metal bands no one gives a shit about.

On a side point. Immolation was around way before suffocation and I think they actually have a unique original style and have nothing in commen with newer bands of the scene like suffocation,internal bleeding,baphomet,morpheus descends. Immolation are the fathers of NY, not suffocation. Immolation are ten times the band and innovators. Incantation is not originally from NY, but are ten times better than suffocation. Suffocation are nothing more than an inflluence on crappy musicians that want to be BRUTAL.

If you haven't realized, Cookiecutter PREFERS brutal death metal to old school so of course he's gonna think New York is a more influential place for death metal. This arguement is all based on opinion.