Favorite country for music?

Aug 31, 2004
What is your favorite country for metal or music?

I'll have to go with Norway. A whole bunch of great progressive bands are there. It's probably got the greatest number of bands I listen to. It also has most of the post-black scene, which is progressive for me......and then also some great black metal. But the progressive/post-black is the best. Yay for Norway!

How about you guys?

tough choice. my favorite favorite bands are from england, usa, sweden, israel, germany, norway, poland...
i think i'd have to choose sweden just for the sheer number of favorites.

france because they have Adagio and adagio is equals 15 sweedish bands(im not a fuckin French)Angra is really close though :D

control-denied777 said:
france because they have Adagio and adagio is equals 15 sweedish bands(im not a fuckin French)Angra is really close though :D

As much as I would want it too, Angra is not a country.. :tickled:

Germany: Blind Guardian, Rage, Gamma Ray, Dreamscape, Grave Digger, Helloween, Brainstorm, Symphorce, Angel Dust, Kreator, Vanden Plas, etc........

Finland: Children of Bodom, Diablo, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Twilightning, Kalmah, Norther, Sentenced, Charon, Thunderstone, etc....

Sweden: Evergrey, Nocturnal Rites, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, In Flames (talking about older material), Scar Symmetry,Persuader, etc........

A three-way tie for now: Sweden for progressive metal and melodeath before it got stale, England for the first wave of prog and some current bands like Porcupine Tree, and Canada for the post-rock movement and Into Eternity and Devin Townsend...

Demonspell said:
A three-way tie for now: Sweden for progressive metal and melodeath before it got stale, England for the first wave of prog and some current bands like Porcupine Tree, and Canada for the post-rock movement and Into Eternity and Devin Townsend...

That is a cool avatar!

GERMANY! That is where Edguy is from and they are my favorite band of all time!

I also dig Swedan for all the harder stuff like opeth and such and Japan because they get all the good bonus tracks. Ask edguy! They wrote a song about it! lol

Keep Rockin'!
saMetal:headbang:

Country Music sucks the suck out of suck

OOps
er,I'll drink the Sweedish kuul aid with Troll(Matias of the Night)
Sweeden just rocks,I'd go there,except its too demm cold

Three-way tie for me currently, between Norway, Sweden and fuckin' Finland.
Honorable mentions: Germany, Israel, Netherlands, Brazil, the UK.
Surprise up-and-comer: Denmark (Mercenary, Mnemic)

I feel like listing my Norway bands now:

Norway: Arcturus, Ulver, Solefald, Spiral Architect, Winds, Age Of Silence, Ark, ...In The Woods, Aborym, ...And Oceans, Emperor, Fleurety