Favorite country for music?

Ascension said:
Dream f***in' Theater (w/Canuck vocs...props for Canada)
Fates f***in' Warning
Queenf***in'ryche
and any country that has Ted f***in' Nugent has gotta be on top

U S f***in' A :headbang:
with all the f***in' going on, i'm surprised the 'states have time for music :)

lot of good bands, but not approaching the quality and quantity of brilliance over the cold sea

Silent Song said:
with all the f***in' going on, i'm surprised the 'states have time for music :)

lot of good bands, but not approaching the quality and quantity of brilliance over the cold sea

Hmm...l'll take DT, FW & QR over anything overseas any day! F***in' Yeah!

Forget about Dream Theater, the John Zorn circle is where it's at in the US. You've got John Zorn, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, other Mike Patton stuff, Secret Chiefs 3, Estradasphere, and all the Tzadik Bands. Then you've got Jazz Fusion, Steve Vai, Spastic Ink, and Symphony X. Then some various other stuff I'm forgetting.

lets see...

Germany = Blind Guardian, Rage, Helloween, Edguy, Kreator, Destruction, Grave Digger, Iron Savior, Sodom, and Gamma Ray

so methinks Im gonna have to go with Germany

US and Sweden tied for 2nd place with Symphony X, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Testament, the entire bay area thrash scene, all the classic shrapnel guys

and Persuader, Dream Evil, Lost Horizon, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hypocrisy, respectively

honorable mentions to

Norway: Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar

and

Finland: Children of Bodom, Finntroll

Barking Pumpkin said:
Forget about Dream Theater, the John Zorn circle is where it's at in the US. You've got John Zorn, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, other Mike Patton stuff, Secret Chiefs 3, Estradasphere, and all the Tzadik Bands. Then you've got Jazz Fusion, Steve Vai, Spastic Ink, and Symphony X. Then some various other stuff I'm forgetting.

Hmmm considering you think Ark is power metal...l'll choose not to forget DT, they simply rule all...l'll keep SX...forget the rest.

Barking Pumpkin said:
What is your favorite country for metal or music?

I'll have to go with Norway.
Me, too, the reasons being: Atrox (with Monika Edvardsen), Kari Bremnes, Gåte, Mari Boine, Madder Mortem, The Third And The Mortal, Ketil Bjørnstad, Terje Isungset, Helge Andreas Norbakken, Oslo Kammerkor, Rødingen and albums like "Haugtussa" by Lynni Treekrem, "Spindelsinn" by Kari Rueslåtten and "Solrenning" by Anne Vada/Aki Fukakusa. That question was really easy to answer!