Which country makes the best Metal?

USA - no contest. The best Death, Grind, Doom, ect ect comes from there.

Don't listen to much black metal anymore, but all I know is to many European bands are just clones of each other. The USA has some cool ones comming out again like Summon.

Profånity said:
and the correct ranking is:
1) Germany
2) Sweden
3) Finland
4) Norway
5) UK
6) Russia
7) Canada
8) Brazil
9) Ireland
10) Austria

You really hate America don't you?
and to top that off, you're a moron.

Canada and USA are both #1 for me.

Extreme Deformity said:
1-You really hate America don't you?
2-and to top that off, you're a moron.

3-Canada and USA are both #1 for me.
1-No, I am a big fan of American sports and their lifestyle.

America produces the best Nu Metal without a doubt. America only has a few really good Metal bands. I just don't see how you can say America produces better Metal bands than Helloween, Dissection, Emperor, Graveland, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, KDFDM e.t.c and it isn't home of Metal in any way.

2-A Canadian would try and insult/hurt me because2+3) Canadians are so in love with Americans they share the same sports leagues and have the same style accents.

Profånity said:
2-A Canadian would try and insult/hurt me because2+3) Canadians are so in love with Americans they share the same sports leagues and have the same style accents.

:err: You really believe that?

Sweden / Norway / UK
Usa can't be the n°1 as far as I'm concerned but they have/had good bands : Agalloch , Death , Morbid Angel ..

*M alificiu M* said:
IMO, of course.. 1. US 2. sweden 3. poland
i think that the US has bands in every genre of metal that are good, where as other countries seem to have the best of the best, but only in one or two genres, you know? basically a lot of european countries have great bands, and i am sure that somewhere in my cd collection there isa a great cd from some other continent ( like austrailia!) peace - ben

I pretty much agree with that even though I'd like to stress northern europe's influence on the metal scene more clearly. Most scenes in that area are really sharp these days compared to the old days. Even though the US might be the center for more commercial "harder" music these days, there's still upcoming quality and that's not that easy when you got certain hyped bands feeding on the ones who actually can handle their instruments. The problem with more and more fundfeeding bands is probably more size related anyway - large market, lots of money. I guess that size contributes to the pretty even comparation between Europe as a whole vs. the US - atleast in a historic perspective...

Incendiare said:
:err: You really believe that?
Yes

They have the same sports leagues in Baseball(MLB), Hockey(NHL), Basketball(NBA) and Canadian Football(CFL). In baseball the Toronto Blue Jays arew in the same league as the New York Yankees, in Hockey the Montreal Canadians are in the same league as the Los Angeles Kings e.t.c

If you asked a non American/Canadian very few of them would be able to tell the difference between an American and a Canadian accent.

To spot a canadian always look for the flag somewhere on their person.

There is a difference in accents ive got some canadian friends and they definitely sound different than americans. Canadians seem to be a bit more friendly in their voices. Its certainly not anything as big a difference as it is between folk from england and scotland

Profånity said:
Canadian Football(CFL)

If you asked a non American/Canadian very few of them would be able to tell the difference between an American and a Canadian accent.

ugh...the CFL is canada only, no american team in it, sorry.

wullief said:
To spot a canadian always look for the flag somewhere on their person.

Are you serious?!? I've never seen any canadian with flags anywhere except on canada day...maybe they all wear it outside the country but I doubt it.

Profånity said:
1-No, I am a big fan of American sports and their lifestyle.

First of all, let me tell you this: the lifestyle sucks in America. And that's coming from an American, born and raised.

If you like everything centered around money, everyone worried about how they look and how they dress, how much money their car costs, how big their house is, and any other selfish fascination you can think, then yes, you will like the American lifestyle. Pesonally, i can't wait 'till America implodes. By then, i'll be long gone. America is way too fat on its own excesses.

And people literally worship money over here. I choose to make money my servant, not my master.

American sports rule.

America produces the best Nu Metal without a doubt. America only has a few really good Metal bands. I just don't see how you can say America produces better Metal bands than Helloween, Dissection, Emperor, Graveland, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, KDFDM e.t.c and it isn't home of Metal in any way.

First of all, Helloween sucks. Iron Maiden is overrated.

Not home to metal in any way? Wrong there, duder. Ever heard of the Bay Area? Ever heard of Florida death metal? Ever heard of Scott Burns? The ay Area and Florida are/were just as important to metal as Norway or Sweden.

The US is currently leading the way for new sounds while Europe is trudging along trying to come up with the latest melo-death band or wanky power metal group. Agalloch is far better than the majority of European bands. All those tired, cliched melo-death bands and power metal fags with leather pants would literally be crushed by the sound of Neurosis.

Take your uninformed bullshit elsewhere. Oh, and nu-metal is garbage.

Canadians don't sound a thing like Americans. Where are you getting your information? Baywatch?

why the fuck are you all talking about canadians and americans...get the fuck over it..theres more than one kind of person in the world...we're trying to talk about METAL! YOU SELF CONCEITED IGNORANT CUNTS!

"First of all, let me tell you this: the lifestyle sucks in America. And that's coming from an American, born and raised.

If you like everything centered around money, everyone worried about how they look and how they dress, how much money their car costs, how big their house is, and any other selfish fascination you can think, then yes, you will like the American lifestyle. Pesonally, i can't wait 'till America implodes. By then, i'll be long gone. America is way too fat on its own excesses.

And people literally worship money over here. I choose to make money my servant, not my master."

holy shit that is the summary i have been looking for !! Could not be described any more accurately! This is indeed true, sad but true ;P

Actually, all the "I'm so metal" people care just as much about how they look and dress. Can you imagine the whinning that would commence if I wore a tu-tu on stage, and lots of glitter instead of a "tr00" metal band T-shirt and spikes comming out in all directions?

And yes money is important. People like to work hard at keeping them, and their families welfare secure. That includes retirement, hospital fees, school ect. People plan for the future here, and that is why we prosper. Feel free to respond.